2001 Ford Focus Consumer Review: If bought a rebuilt in an Emer

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2001 Ford Focus

LX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

If bought a rebuilt in an Emergency.
By TheNIGHTCRAWLER on

2001 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car on the spot. A mechanic rebuilt this wrecked car for his wife. I bought it from him as he was moving into the soccer mom SUB stage of life. He replaced the ignition and suspension and life is good. I would have bought this car whether or not anybody signed off on it. They did. Bare bones and gets me where I have to go dependably. This works for me. Note: It's an automatic. the green button under the shifter turns off the overdrive. The child safety locks on the rear doors still confuse me. No children. Anti-theft key is nice. I like to date. Basic car is a keeper.

Anti-theft key, mpg (~30), COST - Around 3K. Manual windows. replace that motor a couple of times and. Give me manual, and not the transmission.

It's a car. Replace the ignition switch, already done before purchase, ME, and the original sound system sucks. PERIOD. Put a place for 6X9's in the back if someone is looking for suggestions. I can put them in, make me room to do so. The door speakers are off the chart awful!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review