2001 Ford Focus Consumer Review: I Used To Praise It

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I Used To Praise It
By bonnilass on

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm now 60 years old. This car had 50k miles on it and was 4 y/o when I got it. Everything that could go wrong on this car has gone wrong twice in the 5 years I've had it (now 118k)and again I am facing motor mounts, a timing belt, a new head gasket the shifter came off at the base, the suspension trashed, CV joints, cooling system problems, numerous strange rattles, and the stereo pops out on the right side when I accelerate so it's taped into place. The wind whistles through every crack, and conversation in the cabin is not fun. It's a MONEY PIT $$$$ that knows no bounds, at least $1500 per year on the average. Unfortunately most of it hits all at once. I'm saddened by it's performance.

Favorite Features

It's Bright yellow. After tinting the windows, putting a couple of personal decals on it and fancy wheels. I felt like a kid again. The fold down back seats create a lot of room; perfect for lightweight hauling. It's spunky & cute.

Suggested Improvements

Due to the age of this vehicle, I'm sure Ford has learned enough from this vehicle that they don't need my advice on improving it.