Handling
By Tom Tourigny on
2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I had a large Town car prior to the Focus. When I test drove this car, I was very surprised on how this car handled. I enjoy a 5 speed and with 16" rims and size 205 low profile tires on a small car car; this car handlings is EXCELLENT. Mileage during the summer with the air conditioner on is about 25 mpg. I average about 22,000 a year. My daughter bought a new Focus in 2003. It's a 4 door, 5 speed standard with regular rims and tires. I was surprised her car was even quicker than mine. In general, my next car will be a Focus. You have a great little car here, please continue to move forward with it.
Favorite Features
Handles great with 16" rims and low profile tires. Good on gas, and when on the highway going 80 mph, the tachometer is only showing about 3200 rpm. Air and heat works great.
Suggested Improvements
Driver seat is wearing out (I average 22,000 mile per year) . Had one call back which was covered by Ford, but less than a year later, the same thing had problems. Ford would not fix it under the recall. This ended costing me over $500 and took a week.