2001 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 87K+ and still going strong

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

87K+ and still going strong
By navalghost on

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new in Mar 01 to commute between VA and CT plus a lot of around town. 87,500 miles latter I'm just doing my first brake job. Other then oil and gas and the occasional windshield wipers I've had no, repeat NO, problems. I had the fuel pump upgraded for free at 67K due to the recall, but it wasn't a problem yet. Could always use more power, but it's got enough for commuting and I routinely get 30+mpg mixed driving. Oh, I'm 6'2", 230#, so the interior room is GREAT for me solo. My three sons are all teen agers and the oldest is a big 16, so it does get a little crowded with all four onboard. Good enough car to give to the oldest for his first ride.

-Interior room -Safety (airbags and antilock brakes) -RELIABILITY -Loads of room in the hatchback, you wouldn't believe what I've been able to transport! How about a Lazy Boy, small round kitchen table, and two kitchen chairs, all inside the car, and the hatch shut!

More power, a little more legroom in the back, better mileage... Oh heck, I think the new 5-door ZX-5 SVT answers all my wants. I think one is in order as soon as I pass this one on to my son.