Used 2001 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

RIP 2001 Focus
By Kat

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in September 2001. It has been a very dependable car. Replaced the fuel pump once under the recall, had both back window gears replaced. Took great care of it. The engine blew up last week with nearly 144,000 miles on her. Due to depreciation it's not worth putting a new engine in her so I've moved up to a 2007 Focus. The 2001 was a wonderful vehicle: fun to drive and fuel efficient before fuel efficiency was cool. I'm going to miss my blue beastie.

Fuel efficient, style, comfort, good sound system.

Wish the would put the cup holders in a better location. Even on the 2007 they're in a bugger of a spot.

Love it!
By CarLvr

2001 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Focus ZTS (4dr Sedan). It's the 2001 model, which I bought in 2004 with 18,000 miles on it...my car now has 70,000 miles on it (2009) and I love it just as much as I ever did. It's fast, SAFE, and reliable. The Focus was listed as one of the safest vehicles to drive recently and I would have to agree with that 100%. I've NEVER had a problem with my focus in the years that I've owned it and couldn't be happier with it. The only thing I would SUGGEST to others is to NOT get low profile tires/rims. My focus came with that feature and I got flat tires all the time, but I switched out the tires for typical ones and haven't had a problem since!

None that I can think of!

Throw away car
By sherman

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bad motor problems, Too mini plastic parts on motor. Pullies, stat. housing. radiator. Electrical problems, burned up factory installed wiring harness, alt. went out and you cannot replace it in the drive way, it needs a lift to remove from the bottom. Plastick core support? power window motor went bad. Rear view mirrors will brake off if bumped in any direction. Transponder key broke in half. Upper timing belt cover cracked and making noise. I have spent nearly 2000.00 fixing a car I bought for 3000.00. KEEP away from this car.. Looks good, very bad quality. It will suck you dry 100 bucks at a time.

The car looks real nice

No way to improve this car, If it has less than 25000 miles drive it until something brakes, and sale it. If you think this is an exaggeration Just search the net on trouble with this car, you will find a ton of stuff.

Horrible Car...
By lifeon29

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Focus used it only had 48k on it, 8 days after having it the front axel snapped, my fuel pump went out a couple months later, my timing belt went out after about 7 months both back windows motors went out after a year, the car idles and feels like its trying to die and not one mechanic can tell me why, I would never recommend this car to anyone, it is a horrible car and has left me stranded with my 3 children atleast 5 times. its poor quality for the price you pay.

the body style

all electronical and mechanical parts need improvement.

2001 ford focus se wagon
By edward jensen

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my focus used with 21000 miles on it.The wagon was very useful for utility purposes.The car had many accessories that were very useful.I loved the car the first couple years.But then it started to cost me to much to maintain. I traded it in to a local ford dealer at about 67,500 miles on it.I had given up on it and told them why.

wagon very useful, power accessories very nice. looks very good inside and out.Good trade in allowance.

To many problems with brakes.Grinding noise from rear brakes never fixed right.Costly engine repair and parts on the car were to cheaply made.