2001 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
My Favorite Car Ever!!!
By jenny andrews on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my SUV because I was going back to school. I bought my Focus and have never looked back. I LOVE it. I drive it appx. 170 miles per day, and it gets 35 mpg.

SAVE YOURSELF!!!!
By Depressed on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a used Focus in early November 2002. By Thanksgiving, it was in the shop for a belt, plugs and wires. By Christmas it needed a new steering rack. (Can I just say no car with less than 150K miles needs a new STEERING RACK???) I fear what will happen next with this car. Also, the car has ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE once you drive it off the lot -- three long, long months of ownership has devalued the car by nearly $4000. Now I can't even trade the thing away. Gas mileage is nothing special - I expected more from a car this small. Overall, I should have kept my '95 Nissan Pick- up. They have about the same gas mileage, and I would still have 4WD.

Quality and engine disappoints
By doorg_reater on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven over 25k miles in my ZTS. Problems so far included: squeaky dash replaced at 5k, squeaky rear brakes replaced at 17k, broken alternator at 17k, seized rear wheel bearing at 23k. Current problem is with too low idle - engine almost died a few times. Persistent problem is weak engine in hot-dry weather.

If I knew then what I know now
By sasha on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a love/hate relationship with this car. It's been at the dealership 15 times for all kinds of repairs. I can't get rid of it, since its resale value is really low. I am stuck with a car I don't want. Ford put a bitter taste in my mouth. I think newer models are much better.

If I knew then what I know now
By Sasha on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice Car
By Ford Owner on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned several small Fords and this one seems to be the best one yet. The Zetec engine is very nice. I would avoid the standard engine. The only problem I've encountered is the squeaky rear brakes. No engine problems at all.

Fun for two
By Erikgirl on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our car is great, no problems, reliable. It even has the latch system fro car seats...alas, put a car seat in the back and your knees are knocking the dash board. But it was great while it was just the two of us!

Great buy!
By Mommy on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have really enjoyed my Focus ZTS. I have had it almost one year. When I purchased it the car had 7,000 miles. The only problems that I have had is the trunk releaselatch has had to worked on 3X and the turn signal has been worked on 2X. I am tall and it is very comfortable. The gas mileage is excellent. I am glad that I bought my Focus ZTS.

Look Elsewere
By THIS CAR SUCKS on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Ford Focus for a year, with nothing but problems. First my driver side door lock breaks. I take it in, get it fixed, all is well until........my passenger rear door has the same problem. UM excuse me, this shouldn't happen once, but twice. The car is nice looking, and it has some zip, but I would recommend a KIA over this car, if you want a quality car, don't buy Ford, I will never buy a Ford again.

Terrific car!
By FordForever on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car! Everyone who drives my car loves it. It looks small and bubbly from the outside, but that's just because of the large head room. It seems to have as much space as my friend's altima. Its fun to drive but still very sensible. I could have afforded alot more, but am so happy that I gave this a try. My boyfriend is considering getting one too, even though it means both of us would have the same car.