2001 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (87 reviews )
Ford Focus is Fun
By Carlos A. on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's definetely worth the price. It accelerates with spirit, takes curves with assurance at any speed, and brakes fast and straight. Good visibility all around, nice stereo, interior doesn't look chintzy.

great car
By hockeyfeva on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great car, never any problems, runs great, itll treat you right if you keep the maintenance up, comfortable, nice interior design, exterior design and different you will turn heads

love/hate relationship
By silentzero on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

ive had my zx3 for 2 year this month. its the hottest little car for what i paid for it. im a big guy (6-2) and i have plenty of room in this car. fuel economy is OK, considering i drive about 400 miles a week. its rather quite (with new tires), but roomy!...the only gripes is that my focus was in the shop after 5k and 6 times after that, now its got 28k

LOVE IT!
By C. on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Premium ZX3 Ford Focus 2001, is the car that I picked out. It drives like a mini sports car, take the curves and hauls up the hills. I have a 5 speed and it runs like a top. Have had nothing wrong. Only thing were the windows had some bad film on them from the shipping and had to have the front and back replaced. Other than that, just the oil change, rotate the tires and go. I highly recommend my Focus. I have gone camping with it and it just drives great. Love the handling, visability, and the suspension is such that you hardly feel the road!!! The only thing is I wish that it would get better mpg. Only 25 city and freeway and plus 32 on the open road.

Buy a Honda civic instead
By Bend me over on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for just over a year now. I paid between $17-18,000 for it and it is only worth about $6500 as a trade in now. That is only about 1/3 of the selling price. they also need to do something about the seats. my driver's seat is worn out already.

Ford Focus ZX3
By alaskacub on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a great experience with my 2001 Ford Focus. The only thing that has come up is the rear brake squeekiness, which is disturbing but I absolutely love everything else about the car.

ZX3, Best Bang for the Buck, Part 2
By snaptab on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car continues to impress. After 20,000 miles absolutely no problems, none. Build quality remains tight, no squeaks or rattles. Gas mileage (with the 5 speed) is very good, 32 MPG overall. Fun to drive, practical and problem free....what more can you ask?

Ford's got a hit!
By timbo on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Whew! Great car! We've only had it for a few months, but there have been absolutly no problems. We did have a couple of warantee issues, but they were very minor gripes. One of concern was a tire shimmy/balance issue. Suprisingly the dealer replaced the tire (Firestone) for no charge and the problem was improved.

Ford's got a hit!
By Timbo on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

ZX3 Nirvana
By DC Boomer on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great commuter car, perfect for quick maneuvers and fast stops. I'm tall and the seats are comfortable and the visibility is great. The only defect was a faint rattle in the rear which was quickly repaired by the dealer. The ZX3 is a great value for the money.