2001 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
very dissatisfied owner
By very unhappy owner on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have had nothing but problems with the squeaky breaks since the first week of buying this car.i have had several sets of these put in. i have had to have a oxygen sensor put in and just this week have put a new battery and had my alternator redone. i wish i could say it is fixed but no,i find out now that there is a break somewhere that the fire isn't getting back and forth from the alternator to the battery. needless to say the car is now running on the battery only. so now what? help!!!!!!!!!!!!

My ZTS
By gonegolfing on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is a great little car. It is fun 2 drive and has many conveniences for a small car. It could use a little more power but overall it has been a great car for the price.

Love It
By JAR on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my focus. I bought it used with 9000 miles and it is now at 36000 have had no major problems and only minor things that where covered ie: spark plug wires and a belt. Take care of this care and it will take care of you. I do all my oil changes and follow the maintance schedule to a T. The best car I've owned.

Amazing little car!
By Ganymede on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I thought the Focus would be a piece of junk after reading the reviews some people posted. However, I decided to take a chance and buy one. WOW! This car rides well, has great handling and feels more like a sport coupe than a sedan! Very impressive.

Be warned!!!
By mschief on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was just informed that my focus is corroding from the inside out. Nice huh? The first door went this week, they told me at the dealership they could fix it, but next time (not IF it happens again, but WHEN it happens again) the whole latch assembly will be replaced. The same symptoms have already started on two other doors. This is all besides the O-ring being replaced, the Oxygen sensor dying, and a cylanoid being replaced as well. Anyone want a focus?

review
By puil on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been quite happy with the vehicle. It is fun to drive, very comfortable on long stretches, and not too noticible when I happen to speed a bit. Stealthy. No problems keeping with traffic at any speed, but would always love more power. For the money, I cannot complain. I have had no issues and I hope that continues. I plan on driving it another 200,000 miles.

Squeaky brakes
By cyn_flo on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after driving a rental focus when I totalled my escort. Since the day I got the focus the brakes were an embarrassement. They squeaked so loud, it sounded like I needed a full and complete brake rehaul. Very embarrassing to drive when the car was only a year old. If I parked for 5-10 minutes, the brakes squeaked just as loud. Did not matter what the weather conditions were. They finally had to replace the brake lining, which improved the noise, but it was still there. Have had the car in for a few recalls in 2003. Did not have good luck with the ford escort either. Don't know if I want to go with a windstar or not?

Great compact car!!!
By Mark Nelson on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2001 Focus 4 door for a little over two years now. I have the Zetec engine and the only problem I've had was a faulty O2 sensor that was fixed under warranty. There is plenty of headroom for frontseat passangers, although this also does equate to a high level of body roll for such a small car. Handling is still confident, if not sporty, even with that "midsize" body roll. Gas mileage is solid as well. Fit and finish have impressed me seeing this is the first "compact" car I've purchased in 20 years.

Avoid this vehicle at all costs!
By Jane H on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for approximately 2 years and I absolutely HATE this car. It has been terribly unreliable. I realize that I have high miles on the vehicle, however I do not think that a 2 year old vehicle should have to have the alternator replaced after 35,000 miles. Right now it is stitting in my garage collecing dust becasue yet again it has another problem. I am done with Fords.

Surprisingly Great Car
By Dawn Marie on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Focus out of necessity and have grown to absolutely love the car. First and for most the car is incredibly comfortable. I am 5'9" tall and I have plenty of room to stretch out. The speakers are excellent. It is the best sound system in its class! My focus gets wonderful gas milage (300 miles between fill ups). I have had no repair issues with the car and my miles are fast approching 36,000. Although I am still 4x4 lover at heart I would recommend the Ford Focus to any one looking for a new car.