2001 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (87 reviews )
Bad Performance over 2 years
By MAEH on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Good things -Exellente Handling -Confortable -Great Sound -Very Good Space in front, i'm 6.6 tall The Bad things -Regular Quality on interiors -Engine is not so good, very good power at the start (Brand New), but the car lost a lot of power with the A/C on, especially if you live in places with very high temperatures (115-120 F), -Fuel Cosumption, Regular -a litle bit noisy on the high ways The Ugly thing -just 2 years and a half with the car and i dont whant it any more

Mini-SUV for half the cost
By bjustus on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Roomy and comfortable, excellent handling, peppy. Have driven mine 20000 miles with zero problems. Fit and finish is excellent.

A blast to drive
By Floci on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought it 15 months ago new, and both my wife and myself are still in love with it. Handles like a sports car and nothing has gone wrong with it. It has 24000 km on it. I have nothing bad to say about this car. So far it is a very joyful experience owing one.

GREAT CAR FOR A TRAVELING FAMILY
By my zx3 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has to be the best for your buck.Being in the military we wanted a car to travel with us both overseas and in the states and the Focus is it. Being 23years old and over 6 foot tall I hate small cars and minivans, but the interior room is huge and inviting, I can even sit comfortably in the back seat with my child and his carseat! Everything is set up without having to manuver or stretch for cupholders and heater controls.I drive mostly on the highway and my Focus has no loss of power passing or just cruising I definetly would tell people about this vehicle, it has been an awesome investment for my family

love it and hate it
By uniquezx3 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, great power, i take on even v6 accords and win. All around good car, but...dont get if you are looking for fuel efficency or dependability. i have a auto and get 25 on the highway!!!!! i should get like 30+, had the alternator go out, and the dpfe sensor go out 3 times!

Build Quality an Issue
By MattrSIU on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2001, bad year for the Focus. Build quality issues. Simple things like rivets and screws, failing or missing entirely. 36,000 mile warranty not near enough for scary quality issues. Fuel economy is not as advertised. Expect 20-25mpg, not 30+.

Great Car
By Jeffro123 on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

There has been some bad stuff in the press about this car, but don't let that fool you. (Just ask Car and Driver, which the focus has been in the 10 best 4 years in a row) I am amazed at the quality and driving fun this car is for the money. 140k and going strong.

Great Ride
By f-fan on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After fifteen months of ownership of this Focus, I can report no major problems with this car. The build quality of this car is first rate and the material used are similar to ones used in much more expensive cars that I have seen. Good job Ford!

shiftless junk
By focuscrap on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

if Ford made only the Focus, they would be out of business in a week. this car has the worst shifting manual transmission ever, even worse than my 1959 Austin that did not have sychro. the throttle sticks in cold weather and the dealer admits that they are all crap. another Pinto, thanks a lot Ford

Great Vehicle
By MHadden on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Although I've only had my Focus ZX3 for a couple of weeks now, I can still say this is one of the best built economy cars on the market. The frame is solid, engine is perky especially when you get above 4k rpms. It is nice going down the road and barely here the engine or road! I would recommend this car to almost anyone!