2001 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews 5

2001 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Best Entry Level From Ford Ever
By D Rutan on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We've owned the Focus for over a year now and are driving it hard, nearly 25000 miles in the first year. I'm continuously impressed with its solid feel, quietness, and drive train performance. Living in the Northeast, we outfitted with snow tires all around, and find the winter performance outstanding... very stable and sure footed. I've purchased entry level Fords in the past(Escort/Festiva/Fiesta) and find this model to be Ford's best ever offering.

Ford Focus
By Groverdo on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted a station wagon & bought the Ford Focus EXPECTING good gas MPG. The car is noisy to drive due to the wheel well being inside rather than in the trunk. The average MPG has been 25mpg. The plastic fittings inside the car are working loose. Dealer "can't find anything wrong" & said the car gets 40mpg...did "explain how their computer does MPG". NOT pleased with car nor Dealer. Ford does GOOD trucks but NOT the Focus.

Happy so Far
By rubyelixir on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Ford. I am very happy with this wagon. I searched for a year before my 98 Explorer lease was up ( 98 Explorer was awful, 96 was WAY better) & nothing comes near these features for the price. Got it on the internet for @ $80 above invoice & 0 (yep thats right! ZERO ) % financing for 5 whole YEARS!! bought an extended warranty for @ $800 for a total of 6 years 100,000 miles bumper to bumper with roadside assist& free rental car from Ford!!!

Good Utility
By berne1 on 03/15/02 10:59 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was specifically looking for a wagon. Would have gotten a Civic if they had offered one. This car has a surprising amount of cargo room!

A Few Problems
By pbb on 03/09/02 19:30 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I did my research and felt I was getting a great car. Been in the shop about seven times since new for various problems - numerous rumbles, rattles and squeaks from front and rear, hesitation/stalling at 35-50 mph, broken rear seat, peeling tint, poor mileage, ... These defects have yet to be completely corrected - defective car or incompetent technicians? I wanted to like this car. My last of many Fords.