Used 2001 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Don't buy this year
By Heather

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Since I got this car I have had to replace a fuel pump (recall but still stunk), and am now having to mess with my transmission. I don't know if it is just my car or all 2001 Focuses, but I hate it.

The car body except what my dealership didn't fix properly after a wreck. The grill now looks awful.

Fix all recalls and hire different people to work at the dealership, sales people are great but the repair shop people stink!

The best station wagon in the market
By Monded

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car performs very well under any condition. Its contemporary European design is a plus. The interior is well thought out, elegant and quiet. Gas mileage is outstanding. The engine delivers its full power when needed and it's fun to drive, both in city traffic and on highways. I've had this car for years and I still find it very enjoyable and reliable. It's built to last. Visibility when driving is great. This station wagon handles curves very well even at higher speeds. It's probably the best compact station wagon in the market today.

Powerful and responsive engine. Great gas mileage. Elegant design and comfort.

Would love to see a diesel-engine on this station wagon in the future.

PERFECT 1st car for college student
By silverfocus

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently bought my Silver 2001 Focus SE and so far I LOVE IT!!! It has power everything, CD player, automatic, (loaded). I looked at Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Saturn, Dodge and I kept coming back to the focus. I was glad to hear that it was voted 10 best five years in a row and I could definitely see myself getting another focus, but this time the ZX5 in midnight blue, when I'm ready to trade my silver focus in. But that won't be for a long time.

CD player, sound system, comfort, interior features, remote keyless entry, console, and the TRUNK SPACE.

I only have two complaints. I don't really like the positioning of the cup holders. You can't fit large-sized cups from drive-thrus in them. And I wish there were headrests in the back

Fun to Drive
By JLB5

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car was bought for my wife and daughter. They are short and still could see the corners of the car and reach the pedles with ease. The surprise was when I drove it, I had head room and leg room. (I'm 6') I love to drive it on our back roads in the area. They are hilly and windy giving you all the opportunity to drive. This car is FUN FUN to drive. We have not had any maintenance problems.

Fun to Drive. Good fuel mileage. Easy to get in and out. Good view from driver seat. Depndable on hills and in snow.

Great Wagon/great car
By AndreW

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven other SW and none compare to the Ford Focus. It's really built to last. Confort is outstanding, as well as road handling and overall quality.

Engine, road handling, quiteness