2001 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
nice
By like it on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a focus and so far so good. my friends have the same model and love it. Love how it handels! taking it to the mountains next year, can't wait to see how it does!

not so impressive
By susan p on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far, the power steering went out, the turn signal broke two times, the remote trunk release inside the car is hit or miss and something electrical causes a back light/turn signal bulb to burn out every month or so lately.

I'd buy another
By McKendrick74 on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great, fun car for $15,000. I've had this car for two and a half years, and if I stay in this price bracket for my next vehicle, I'll definitely consider another Focus. In fact, I may just keep this one (rather than trading it in) as a toy to tweak and play with. I compared this to a Grand Am and a Cavalier, but the Focus offered more for less money. Two thumbs up to Ford this time around.

Not so satisfied
By focus_seller on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

had this vehicle for 3 yrs. and went to dealership 30 times with something or the other mechanical issue. Not good for interstate long drives due to seats so stiff and unconmfortable. Ride is truck like(so much for sport suspension), safety features are ok. handles well at high speed. Heavy exterior noise is very uncomfortable. Some components are build cheap plastics. Fuel Economy is good.

Ford is doing it right!
By Jerry McGee on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great daily driver that I use in sales in So. Calif. area. Has been exceptionally reliable and 95% problem free. 80,000 miles on it now; never has used any oil. I change my own oil regularily at 5M intervals. Very adequate interior room compared to my last 2 Tempos. I am a happy camper!

2001 Ford Focus-so far so good
By Happy Focus Owner on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned my Focus since October of 2001. I get 27mpg in the city and 31mpg on the highway. Have experienced no problems in 22,000 miles. It is fun to drive and handles well in Michigan winters. The trunk is huge for a small car. Have had several passengers express their suprise for how nicely the car rides. The controls are placed well. Ford appears to finally have the 'world car' they have been trying for since the Escort was introduced. Hopefully, the problems they had when the car was first introduced have been resolved. My Focus has had no recalls.

Never again
By JTnVa on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I put allot of milage on my car . More miles in a year than most people do in two . High milage or not this car has been a headache . I absolutley hate it . In between having to replace the o2 sensor not 1, or 2 times , but 3 . Having to have both rear window motors replaced twice.My quater window broke due to body flex,and why does a quater window cost more than a windshield anyways.My ac quit working right after my warrenty ran out.My radiator dumped all of its fluid out on a roadtrip. My power steering pump, and a few other things.Not to mention all the recalls this car has had its not worth what Im paying for it.

Somewhat happy
By skiepke on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car itself has been a great reliable auto. I have a problem with the service of the dealer that sold me the car. I'm not please with that.

I love the car!
By Bob 1122 on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car as a first car and it has been a great car. I love how it handles. The car seems like its on tracks. It never slides out. Not that I have tried.....lol i have had the recalls done and the only problem is that it seems to have some problems in the snow. But i think thats its just the tires. If you were looking for a small car look at the focus!

Great looking, fun car to drive!
By AorB on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After reviewing and test driving several of the smaller cars, civic, neon, etc. we decided to purchase the ZTS Focus. We have been very pleased with all aspects of this car. The design, layout, and way this car drives made me an instant fan of Ford's newer efforts. The interior ergonomics, materials, handling, and pleasantly refined Ztec twin cam motor has made the purchase one we have been quite pleased to have made.