Used 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love it but...
By sexyamazon

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, and very good on fuel. But at a low speed impact it seemed to fold to easy and massive damage was caused which force me to total out the car with my insurance company. I really enjoyed this car and wish that I still had it. I hope to find another just like it

Having better support around the engine so if and accident occurs in the front the engine is better protected, ie radiator

Great Little Car
By sheilah

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The body of the car is wonderful, it looks like a new car not a 2001. It's very comfortable and the pick up is great. My car has it all, this is the first Ford that I have bought and it will not be the last. I love this car. Also there is so much room inside the car, it has everything I so glad that I found it.

Great gas mileage. very nice ride. Great pickup. Radio is great. AC is great.

None

Drive Circles Around Competition
By Kevin

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are an amazing, theres no way I could have bought a better car. I had a few issues at first and got very upset. All my issues stopped as soon as I fixed the problems myself.

Bodystyle and handling characteristics.

Lowered Ride Height (1/2") and larger wheels to fill fender gap. Once I added a turbo this car with 260hp feels like it should have come that way.

My car is nothing but fun
By AznInAmerica

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my baby! It's been good to me but there are some things that kinda stink. Like the manufacturer's rotors were worn out after only a few months of driving, and the fact that the ignition had to be replaced because it never wanted to turn. But other than that I love it! It's roomy on the inside, yet small and cute on the outside. If it's someone's first car, I would definitely recommend it!

High off the ground, nice big doors, lots of room inside

I just think that the manufacturer should give better equipment as far as rotors and brake pads go.

Great fun for the money
By JohnS

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 72k miles, and it's the best value I could hope for. Great fun to drive, steering and handling are super, will zip when you stand on the throttle--five speed with 16v 2liter 4 are more than adequate. Plenty of power for passing and mountain driving. The hatch and fold-down rear seats add to its utility, and rear seat room surprises all who crawl back there. A/C and heat are both powerful, all accessories work great. Cockpit is cozy and ergonomics are great; a very comfortable driving position. I paid $5700 and can't imagine more fun for that money. The original owner took care of recall repairs and it's been trouble free for me.

Sunroof, five speed, steering and handling--mine has the 16" low-profile wheels and tires.

I'd feel more confident with ABS. Engine a bit growly under acceleration, and poor wheel-well insulation, so driving in rain or slush can be noisy. Flip-open rear windows would be nice.