2001 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
As god as it gets
By BmwLuvr on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

You couldn't ask to drive a better wagon fo the price. Powerful, responsive yet silent engine. Remarquable driving experience, in particular on city streets and highways. The cabin has plenty of room, and is very comfortable. Honestly, I don't know what else could have done Ford to make this car better for the price. Considering all the instruments and gadgets this automobile ha, I rate it 9 or 10 across the board.

Fix Or Repair Daily
By M MAY on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is absolutely the worst car I have ever purchased. The title says it all.

Very Good Small Wagon
By DJM on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in Oct. 2001. So far am very satisfied with it. Huge amount of room for a car this size. Good engine performance, good handling. First time in the small wagon market. Bad dealership experience with Ford. They should learn how to treat the customer.

Focus Wagon
By GaryL88 on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a used Focus Wagon with 11K miles on it. Previous owner had put on 4 new Goodyear Eagle Aquatred3 tires on it at 7K miles. Now I have 29K on it and have chewed this set of tires - uneven wear. Anyone else have this problem? Yes, I had the alignment checked and rotations done.

good car
By crusin14108 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good car for the money,gas mileage 29 mpg average, reliable so far have 20000 miles on car, not real happy with blue oval service.

Fun Wagon
By reizul on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Focus. My first was a lemon (dealer caused the problem)that Ford bought back. I like it so much that I thought I'd give it another try. I'm not disappointed. Good interior room and lots of space to haul things. Having a kid and a 85 lbs dog forced me to get a wagon and the only thing I don't like is driving an automatic. Will I buy another??We'll see in 4 more years when it is paid off. Right now I'll say YES!

Focus SE fun & cool WHEN not in service
By dbhero on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I really wanted to like this car, it fits what I need to fit in it, and it is fun to drive. My hubby liked his, though he never bothered to fix some minor quirks. Unfortunately, mine has been in the shop TOO many times! The service light kept coming on for various reasons causing 4 return visits within the 1st 1.5 months & several since. The seatbelts broke in the back, the CD player ate my CDs. I traded in my van for this because I needed dependability, wondering if I should have kept 1997 van. Anyone interested in a class action /lemon law?

drove a rented Focus in Germany
By hiaxi on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was in Germany on business and rented an Audi A3. My trip got extended and Hertz needed the Audi back so they swapped me for a Ford Focus SE Wagon. I ended up driving it for two weeks, and I commuted from the hotel to the office on an "unlimited speed" portion of the Autobahn. This car is fantastic! I had no problems in town with acceleration, and I was able to maintain 120 mph on the way to and from work! I like the shape of the key: less wear. The interior space is gigantic, even by medium size wagon standards. The ride is Euro-firm, but softened a tad for the US model. I treated it like the rental car that it was, and nothing disappointed me, that says a lot! I now plan to buy one!

Best Entry Level From Ford Ever
By D Rutan on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We've owned the Focus for over a year now and are driving it hard, nearly 25000 miles in the first year. I'm continuously impressed with its solid feel, quietness, and drive train performance. Living in the Northeast, we outfitted with snow tires all around, and find the winter performance outstanding... very stable and sure footed. I've purchased entry level Fords in the past(Escort/Festiva/Fiesta) and find this model to be Ford's best ever offering.

Ford Focus
By Groverdo on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted a station wagon & bought the Ford Focus EXPECTING good gas MPG. The car is noisy to drive due to the wheel well being inside rather than in the trunk. The average MPG has been 25mpg. The plastic fittings inside the car are working loose. Dealer "can't find anything wrong" & said the car gets 40mpg...did "explain how their computer does MPG". NOT pleased with car nor Dealer. Ford does GOOD trucks but NOT the Focus.