Used 2001 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (90 reviews )

Fun but hot!
By KRANKIZZ

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I own my 2001 Focus for almost 7 yrs never lets me down even if there's a problem with the car . I have this car overheat like 5 times, the problem the my car have is the radiator that's about it . This car have 19,000k and still good as new fast motor. That's the good thing about a good motor the is been taken good care! Love your Focus!

Too fast good on fast turns and save you on gas!

Best Ford of the last decade
By dewey

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As I approach 200,000 miles on this car I have no regrets, except it replaced a beloved 20 year old Fiesta.Aside from regular service it is only now having more issues, but I am only thinking of replacing it with one of the last years the hatchback was available. My car was rare and special, I ordered it with stability control, 4 wheel disc and ABS and traction control. With snows it performed superb in winter driving. Even 10 years old, the styling is undated. The car had a solid build, compared to many Fords in it's day, and even with all the miles the car looks new. Excellent fuel economy, dependable, I would recommend to anyone.

Good looks, European handling, great gas mileage

Many safety features are optional rather than standard.

I owe my life to this little car
By choobaka

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable & very good on gas I always said I hated this car b/c I didn't like the look of the hatchback, but it never gave me any problems. I commuted to work 4hrs a day for over a year and never once had any issues. Was recently in a very bad car accident where I was hit at full highway speed by a Chevy Silverado (that's a big truck compared to my little hatchback), my car was totaled, but I lived. I would have to say they are built very well. As much as I hated the look of this car, I might have to buy another b/c I know they're safe.

Good fuel economy and safe

I love my beater!
By nessa_d

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 focus off a small used dealer for a great price with 75000 miles on the car. I didn't know much about it when I purchased it, but once I saw it, I knew it was for me. I travel a lot for my job. I needed a dependable fuel efficient car. What I didn't know is that I found the most reliable car I've ever owned. I put 100000 miles on the car since then and only replaced the tires. The tires do wear faster then other vehicles but a small price to pay for no major repairs! I love my car.

Suprisingly safe, it made it threw a collision with a Nissan Altima and i suffered no damage. Wish I could say the same for the counter... All controls are self explanitory and easy to use.

Cup holders able to hold the big 32 ouncers on the passenger side! Thats it!

ZX3
By Alex

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since my wife and I have had this car, we've had several issues with it. Ford's build quality is poor. We've had issues with the air conditioner leaking, after its rained the back of the car has had large amounts of water in it, the ignition where you put the key in broke and had to be replaced, the plastic (let me reinforce plastic) thermostat housing unit was leaking coolant, also the hoses aren't sufficient enough to carry the coolant since they eventually balloon up, the car jerks when you back up, etc. The radio always shut off and you have to push in the radio/cd area to turn it back on. Other than maintenance issues, the car is pretty comfortable inside and is fun to drive.

Buy a Toyota or a Honda.