2001 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
PERFECT 1st car for college student
By silverfocus on 11/04/04 23:27 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently bought my Silver 2001 Focus SE and so far I LOVE IT!!! It has power everything, CD player, automatic, (loaded). I looked at Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Saturn, Dodge and I kept coming back to the focus. I was glad to hear that it was voted 10 best five years in a row and I could definitely see myself getting another focus, but this time the ZX5 in midnight blue, when I'm ready to trade my silver focus in. But that won't be for a long time.

Fun to Drive
By JLB5 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car was bought for my wife and daughter. They are short and still could see the corners of the car and reach the pedles with ease. The surprise was when I drove it, I had head room and leg room. (I'm 6') I love to drive it on our back roads in the area. They are hilly and windy giving you all the opportunity to drive. This car is FUN FUN to drive. We have not had any maintenance problems.

Great Wagon/great car
By AndreW on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven other SW and none compare to the Ford Focus. It's really built to last. Confort is outstanding, as well as road handling and overall quality.

Alot of driving
By Jeannie P on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I own a hi milege focus wagon (126K) and continue to rack up the miles. Overall I enjoy the sporty look of the focus and like to drive it. But there is always room for improvement. My automatic has a fluttering during regular driving. But no major trips to the dealer.

Don't Buy This Car
By cmg2001 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After growing up in Detroit, I never thought I would buy a foreign car. I have finally had enough. After driving this car for 3 yrs and 90K mi, I am finally putting an end to my frustration. Hwy fuel economy of 23- 25 mpg/ 250 mile range - no power with the automatic transmission and recall after recall after etc... If you really want to see what a mistake this car is all you have to do is try trading one in, Hold onto your shorts. For me the answer is toyota or honda or mazda and finding somewhere to park down the street when i visit my parents. PS I am on my fourth set of tires with rotation and alignments done regularly.

Bang for the buck
By ARLOBIGWATER on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought it, this wagon was the last one in its size and price range available in the in the US.Drove similar rental in European traffic - was sold. Handles better than Civic previously owned. Driving car every day in DC traffic w/5spd and keeping up w/the flow easily. W/5spd manual and ZETEC it is an interesting and fun vehicle. Interior holding up to 2 kids and big dog. Mileage worse than expected, but in traffic, I should not be surprised. Avoid Sheehy Ford in Springfield.

cheap ride
By sigjuliussen on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my Focus and I love the way it handles. It has ran good for me. NO problems

Value for $
By jcTX on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Sedan in Europe so I thought I knew what I was getting. I wanted more room, so bought the Wagon here in US. I have the same engine as I had in UK, but milage is much worse [current: 22 town/26 road] and power is less. Ford mechanics can't give me any reason - I assume it has to do with emission control tuning of the engine. Road noise is there, but for this price it is low [lot less than my Ranger Truck!]. Fun to drive, but here in TX I expect to be crushed by a Hummer2 any day now.

Family Car
By salene75 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, I like this car. However, I have been disappointed by several things lately. It just came out of warranty, so of course, parts have begun to fail. I already had to replace the entire brakes, including rotors. Some parts of the interior have begun falling apart and the car is vibrating very badly when it is driven over 50 mph. Also, it is not what you would call a quiet ride. It is VERY loud inside during highway driving. I don't neccesarily regret that I bought this car, however I wouldn't purchase it again. Next time I will go for something that has a better reliabiltiy record like a Honda or Toyota.

whattagreatcar!
By rdunnell0 on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Ford Focus Wagon new in 11/00. After trying a few versions, I selected the 5-speed manual with the Zetec engine (don't believe the reviews that say this is not available!). I also got the "comfort package" which included a number of options tht are nice; I think the cruise control is part of that package. This car holds a full-size concert grand harp and still gets 36 miles per gallon. It is comfortable, fun to drive, and I have had no problems with it. There was one recall for a minor part that had not affected my car at all and it was taken car of easily & promptly. Excellent dealer service. Whattagreatcar!