Used 2001 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Wagon/great car
By AndreW

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven other SW and none compare to the Ford Focus. It's really built to last. Confort is outstanding, as well as road handling and overall quality.

Engine, road handling, quiteness

87K+ and still going strong
By navalghost

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new in Mar 01 to commute between VA and CT plus a lot of around town. 87,500 miles latter I'm just doing my first brake job. Other then oil and gas and the occasional windshield wipers I've had no, repeat NO, problems. I had the fuel pump upgraded for free at 67K due to the recall, but it wasn't a problem yet. Could always use more power, but it's got enough for commuting and I routinely get 30+mpg mixed driving. Oh, I'm 6'2", 230#, so the interior room is GREAT for me solo. My three sons are all teen agers and the oldest is a big 16, so it does get a little crowded with all four onboard. Good enough car to give to the oldest for his first ride.

-Interior room -Safety (airbags and antilock brakes) -RELIABILITY -Loads of room in the hatchback, you wouldn't believe what I've been able to transport! How about a Lazy Boy, small round kitchen table, and two kitchen chairs, all inside the car, and the hatch shut!

More power, a little more legroom in the back, better mileage... Oh heck, I think the new 5-door ZX-5 SVT answers all my wants. I think one is in order as soon as I pass this one on to my son.

Won't do this again...
By kreul

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was not very happy with this vehicle whatsoever. It seems like I had everything happen to this vehicle. Side mirrors just simply fell off for no apparent reason. Alignment went off consistently. Transmission went out ($3000). To be honest I NEVER felt comfortable getting into it because I was always worried it would fall apart. Very fun vehicle to drive when it actually ran.

Factory sound system, acceleration, great turning.

More reliable, give me a transmission and some components that have some sort of longevity. Definitely got what I paid for.

used to like Ford
By hateafocus

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought factory certified at 13500. 1 wk later safety recall on engine cable. At 30000 the front brakes and rotors wore thru. My previous car went 150000 on rotors and brakes. I know how to drive and take care of a car. Had them replaced with heavy duty rotors. Even new brakes squeal like a pig. Part of the appeal, huh? During ice and snow the steering wheel will whip out of your hands when turning a curve. The next safety recall, the fuel pump. Causes surges, lags and hey, no power while going 50 mph. They fixed for free. The CD player has now died. After a fuel injection cleaning and tune up I do get 42 on highway, 28 in city, less with A/C.

First car with cruise control, I like it and tilt column.

A big trunk should have a big opening so you can fit big things in. Make driver armrest longer. Better lumbar support. Need lock on glove compartment. Back seats should fold down. Cup holders too close to dash. Place headlights higher for better light.

Great price on my ZX3
By c18vw

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. Its fun to drive and it has alota pep in it for a small car. I got this car 8/04. The dealer was having a big sale but in their add they missprinted the price of my car! I got it for just under $7,000! Its loaded except it doesn't have a sunroof:( Front Brakes sound and feel weird some times but they work when you need them. I have drive 1000 miles on it just this last month lol. The car came with 57,000 miles on it already. When I got the car the bumper had lots of specaly dots of missing paint. But the dealer hooked me up with a free touch up job. Another cool thing they gave me free was keyless entry.

I like the stereo system sounds good. like the alloys. like the fogs. like the keyless entry. they pepy 2.0liter. I really like mostly everything about this car!

NOt much just the simple things dont really matter!

• SUV