2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
my focus
By steve franklin on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife has owned a Contour, chrysler cirus, and many other new cars and says this id the best car she has ever had.

ZX3 Nirvana
By DC Boomer on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great commuter car, perfect for quick maneuvers and fast stops. I'm tall and the seats are comfortable and the visibility is great. The only defect was a faint rattle in the rear which was quickly repaired by the dealer. The ZX3 is a great value for the money.

good car
By crusin14108 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good car for the money,gas mileage 29 mpg average, reliable so far have 20000 miles on car, not real happy with blue oval service.

Focus On This!
By I-Man on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Ford Focus on or around the 5th of August (2002) at around 30,000 miles. Later that week, I drove it up to Vermont for a vacation, and the car had problems accelerating. This happened on the way back too. The car also started slowing down for no reason, until it was going about 10 mph. We let it sit for a while, then drove it home with no problems.

Fun Wagon
By reizul on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Focus. My first was a lemon (dealer caused the problem)that Ford bought back. I like it so much that I thought I'd give it another try. I'm not disappointed. Good interior room and lots of space to haul things. Having a kid and a 85 lbs dog forced me to get a wagon and the only thing I don't like is driving an automatic. Will I buy another??We'll see in 4 more years when it is paid off. Right now I'll say YES!

Don't buy this car
By Puddgomez on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Focus LX for only a short time and the clutch has already gone out six times. The rear defrost refuses to work and the brakes are crappy at best. I don't think I'm buying American cars anymore.

Fun Driving Workhorse
By Jay on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought my Focus for the gas mileage as I have a 190 mile round trip daily commute. The zippy engne, and great handling have been a nice suprise. With 30k miles in 11 months the quality has been consistant with no problems to report. Really a great car.

Great Car - Give Ford Credit
By PCL on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 1 year and 15000 miles I can confidently say the Focus is a fun, dependable, well built car. Lots of trunk room and plenty of passenger space. Not one problem to date.

I love my focus!
By maribela21 on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to owe an escort, and the difference with my new focus is night and day. I look forward to driving my car everyday......i'm still in love with my car, that's what buying a car should feel like......wouldn't trade it for the world!

DO NOT BUY
By eddy on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

VERY ugly, slow and American (unreliable). poor design and looks