Used 2001 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not entirely happy
By cpence

2001 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has basically been a decent vehicle, but I've already had to replace the rack and pinion and the cv joints. Not good for a car that new. It's not like I go off roading in it. I'm pretty sure I won't buy another Ford. The Focus was my first and will be my last Ford. It does get good mileage for gas and runs well. I'm just not impressed with it. Not a good car for taller men. Almost impossible to fit a baby car seat in the back. The seats aren't comfortable either. They slump you forward.

I do think it's a cute car. It's great for shorter people. Good stereo sound for factory stereo.

Better shaped seats.

The best station wagon in the market
By Monded

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car performs very well under any condition. Its contemporary European design is a plus. The interior is well thought out, elegant and quiet. Gas mileage is outstanding. The engine delivers its full power when needed and it's fun to drive, both in city traffic and on highways. I've had this car for years and I still find it very enjoyable and reliable. It's built to last. Visibility when driving is great. This station wagon handles curves very well even at higher speeds. It's probably the best compact station wagon in the market today.

Powerful and responsive engine. Great gas mileage. Elegant design and comfort.

Would love to see a diesel-engine on this station wagon in the future.

01 Focus a standout but for 2 things
By Arnold Rosen

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A car that is very pleasant to look and a solid and reliable driving experience with 89,000 miles. Easy to find instrument controls and nice high seating view. Heater and a/c strong and reliable. Quiet engine. The downside - key lock failed at 85,000 miles. It was bad - caught in a mall ($230). Ford never said it was bad and they knew it. Steering rack ($300) at 85,000 miles.

Design, reliability to 85,000 miles, instrument panel ease, high seating visibility, quick handling, price for what you get.

Measure twice cut once. Stay with Quality. Ford lacks trust. Communicate with owners about any problems and replace with quality (give 50k miles bumper to bumper or 5 year warranty).

Brian's Focus
By bjhfla

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus gets great gas mileage. As far the interior of the car I think it's cheap and does not wear well. The engine is great, the A/C is no good; it stopped working after a year and half. Have never had problems with tire wear. I had gotten 55,000 on the first set and are only on my 2nd set. As of now, I would most likely not buy another Ford product when I do go to get a new car.

priced right
By stan

2001 Ford Focus Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus has been a good solid car. No major problem but seems to heading for the repair shop more now that it is off warranty. I would suggest to get the extended warranty if possible. Problems with the radio volume control and trunk leaking.

Better radio upgrades.