2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
My Focus Nightmare
By ARF on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a piece of junk since day 1. Transmission problems, shifter problems, power window problems. An on going problem with the trunk not staying closed. Been back to the incompetant liars at Bill Marine Ford about 15 times in 1 and a half years. Cant wait to get a Honda!

A very good vehicle
By FocusZTS on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I puchased this vehicle in May of 2001 and have been very pleased with every aspect of the vehicle. I would highly recommend the Focus to anyone purchasing a car in this class. The motor is a peppy, powerful 2.0 liter twincam. Combine this with a chasis that is tight and fun to drive and what more could you ask for! The interior is well laid out and the condition of all the materials has been remarkable. (this coming from two former import owners!)

horrible car 2 be your first
By jene't on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i thaught it was nice but really it has been nothing but problems.Like: engine shaking and dropping,a whole in transmission,air conditioner stop working,engine light come on,made entire front shake,trunk pop open going over railraod tracks,key control entry stoped working,leaks in car so carpet got mildewd,brake light would come on for no reason,the gaslite would go on when i had just filled it,cd player act silly.the problems go on and they still wont replace it.

The BEST 4 Cyl. car I have ever driven!
By BJ G. on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this car! I was kinda skeptical at first because it was a 4 Cyl. I had driven a 4 Cyl before and it had NO get up and go. This car blows that truck out of the water!

Ford Focus ZX3
By alaskacub on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a great experience with my 2001 Ford Focus. The only thing that has come up is the rear brake squeekiness, which is disturbing but I absolutely love everything else about the car.

ZX3, Best Bang for the Buck, Part 2
By snaptab on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car continues to impress. After 20,000 miles absolutely no problems, none. Build quality remains tight, no squeaks or rattles. Gas mileage (with the 5 speed) is very good, 32 MPG overall. Fun to drive, practical and problem free....what more can you ask?

Ford's got a hit!
By Timbo on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Whew! Great car! We've only had it for a few months, but there have been absolutly no problems. We did have a couple of warantee issues, but they were very minor gripes. One of concern was a tire shimmy/balance issue. Suprisingly the dealer replaced the tire (Firestone) for no charge and the problem was improved.

Ford's got a hit!
By timbo on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very reliable car!
By focusguy on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As my title says, this has been a very reliable car! I bought it new, with 5 miles on it, and it has performed wonderfully. It is a very comfortable car for both myself, at 270 pounds, and my wife, at 130 pounds, so it fits just about anyone! A very nice interior design. The exterior is also very pleasing. And the power... for the standard SP1 engine, I am quite impressed, you won't have any problems with this one.

Focus Wagon
By GaryL88 on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a used Focus Wagon with 11K miles on it. Previous owner had put on 4 new Goodyear Eagle Aquatred3 tires on it at 7K miles. Now I have 29K on it and have chewed this set of tires - uneven wear. Anyone else have this problem? Yes, I had the alignment checked and rotations done.