2001 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
This car can be one fun ride! Not hwy
By Joe on 07/23/10 04:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You'll want this car if you steer a lot. If you take most of your time on the highways, not so much. You might yell at it to accelerate a bit faster and without such a big grunt just to go from 45-60. But if you steer: It's like very smooth butter being sliced on bread. Steering = city streets and curved roads. It is reliable. 9 years only 1 repair. Sure, its suffered tire damage. But it spent most of its life in NYC! In a backyard full of nails and who knows what! That's to be expected! Sure its got just 50k and we treated it well, sort of. It's been in an accident once struck by a large car going 40mph on the side. What happened? The left door creaks. That's it. Perfect otherwise!

Best new car I ever owned
By ftn on 12/29/06 03:33 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in June 2001, our Ford Focus Street Edition has been a great car. Comfortable, handles GREAT, very good gas mileage, very reliable. A few relatively minor issues have occurred but overall we've had a wonderful experience with this car!

Nice Car
By Randy Zick on 07/22/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car. Dealer had to replace wire harness for the radiator fans, and also had to replace the windshield washer pump. Just had a major wire repair done, something with putting gas to the engine. Good engine, great performance, and nice handling. Still a great car and gets great gas mileage. Love the idea of the side air bags. Just had to replace the freon in the air conditioning system, but could do the myself. Would recommend this car to others.

Great little car
By amanda on 06/10/06 19:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hasn't let me down yet. Fun to drive. Dependable car, comfortable and gets very good gas mileage. Mine has 98,000 miles on it and handles just as well as it did when I bought it 50,000 miles ago. The e-brake cable snapping is the worst that has happened with this car. Of course, it being a standard transmission I use the e-brake every time I park it. Having had 2 collisions with this car (1 my fault, 1 due to lots of slush and ice) I can attest that all the safety features in this car work excellent-as intended. In my opinion Ford Motor Co. built a very good vehicle.

105,000 Mile Focus is a Beautiful Car
By Eugene Conway on 02/05/06 21:49 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 105,000 faultless miles on my '01 Red Focus 4 door sedan. Previous car was a Civic so I was very careful researching this car. The beautiful design and the ride quality was what sold me. This car has never let me down -- very reliable and an extremely responsive and wonderful riding car. What an engine -- more like a six cylinder than a four, and a smooth smooth transmission. Every time I look at this car I get a good feeling. This car has 3 important features that the Civic never had: beautiful design, high visible driving position and excellent brakes and handling on wet pavement. Money well spent I would say.

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!
By NoMoreFords!!!! on 07/14/05 00:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Another gremlin in the electrical system is blowing the resistor that controls the A/C & blower. Other gremlins have been blowing out tail lamp bulbs every 3-5 months. The dealers are useless. The car is on its 3rd set of brake pads & rotors in the front. The car arrived with the power lock controls not plugged in. The wheel bearings have been replaced. The air bypass control valve has been replaced. The dealer's collision center took a month & many return trips to fix minor rear end damage. The dealer closed the hood with the prop up & tried to return the car the corner of the hood sticking up ... other minor problems. Gee, only 40 months old & 57k miles. Better buy that Honda or Toyota soon.

priced right
By stan on 05/27/05 08:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus has been a good solid car. No major problem but seems to heading for the repair shop more now that it is off warranty. I would suggest to get the extended warranty if possible. Problems with the radio volume control and trunk leaking.

my focus
By steve franklin on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife has owned a Contour, chrysler cirus, and many other new cars and says this id the best car she has ever had.

focus se is good
By Joseph on 02/26/02 19:17 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan Street 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great car, needs more horsepower