2001 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love it!
By CarLvr on 09/05/09 20:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Focus ZTS (4dr Sedan). It's the 2001 model, which I bought in 2004 with 18,000 miles on it...my car now has 70,000 miles on it (2009) and I love it just as much as I ever did. It's fast, SAFE, and reliable. The Focus was listed as one of the safest vehicles to drive recently and I would have to agree with that 100%. I've NEVER had a problem with my focus in the years that I've owned it and couldn't be happier with it. The only thing I would SUGGEST to others is to NOT get low profile tires/rims. My focus came with that feature and I got flat tires all the time, but I switched out the tires for typical ones and haven't had a problem since!

I Love My Focus ZTS
By Mark on 04/07/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since January 01. It's fun to drive, handles very well, has excellent passenger room and trunk space. Good small car for mostly in-town use that I can take on a longer road trip and it doesn't beat me up. I only drive it 8000 miles per year so I might have it another 8 years if it holds up. I've had some occasional minor but annoying throttle body sticking since I bought it. The dealer replaced it once under warranty, but it still sticks periodically.

Pain in the rear
By nicole on 06/07/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car now for 4 years and the first year I loved my car. Now, I am deathly affraid to drive it. It makes so much noise I think that the tires are going to fall off. It is leaking oil and coolant. Had many problems with the windows not working, and the doors not wanting to open from the outside. The inside latch to release the trunk doesn't work ( I can't remember when it did). But I am so upside down in this car it is hard to find a non-Ford car to buy.

No problems after warranty
By Sqoug on 10/19/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus seems to be the opposite of the usual. I have had quite a few problems with it in the first 36k miles, but after that no problems at all. The things that failed were: - hood was repainted because someone at the dealership dented it, - dash was replaced because of weird squeaks in hot weather, - alternator failed and was replaced, - rear wheel bearing seized and was replaced, - engine computer was reprogrammed - engine hesitated in the 2k-3k rpm range. But I had no problems after 36k miles. I do all the maintenance on the car. Stock tires lasted about 32k miles, and front brake pads lasted about 35k miles.

I'd buy another
By McKendrick74 on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great, fun car for $15,000. I've had this car for two and a half years, and if I stay in this price bracket for my next vehicle, I'll definitely consider another Focus. In fact, I may just keep this one (rather than trading it in) as a toy to tweak and play with. I compared this to a Grand Am and a Cavalier, but the Focus offered more for less money. Two thumbs up to Ford this time around.

Not so satisfied
By focus_seller on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

had this vehicle for 3 yrs. and went to dealership 30 times with something or the other mechanical issue. Not good for interstate long drives due to seats so stiff and unconmfortable. Ride is truck like(so much for sport suspension), safety features are ok. handles well at high speed. Heavy exterior noise is very uncomfortable. Some components are build cheap plastics. Fuel Economy is good.

I love the car!
By Bob 1122 on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car as a first car and it has been a great car. I love how it handles. The car seems like its on tracks. It never slides out. Not that I have tried.....lol i have had the recalls done and the only problem is that it seems to have some problems in the snow. But i think thats its just the tires. If you were looking for a small car look at the focus!

Great looking, fun car to drive!
By AorB on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After reviewing and test driving several of the smaller cars, civic, neon, etc. we decided to purchase the ZTS Focus. We have been very pleased with all aspects of this car. The design, layout, and way this car drives made me an instant fan of Ford's newer efforts. The interior ergonomics, materials, handling, and pleasantly refined Ztec twin cam motor has made the purchase one we have been quite pleased to have made.

My ZTS
By gonegolfing on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is a great little car. It is fun 2 drive and has many conveniences for a small car. It could use a little more power but overall it has been a great car for the price.

review
By puil on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been quite happy with the vehicle. It is fun to drive, very comfortable on long stretches, and not too noticible when I happen to speed a bit. Stealthy. No problems keeping with traffic at any speed, but would always love more power. For the money, I cannot complain. I have had no issues and I hope that continues. I plan on driving it another 200,000 miles.