Used 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

White Girl
By kara

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car from November 2007 to July 2016. The owner before me had sold it to me for $3,500 with 75,000 miles on it. He was moving to Germany for a new job and couldn't take it with him. I was about to graduate high school so my mom bought it for me as a gift. The interior and exterior were in excellent condition, except the headlights had a cloudiness to it and later on the thermometer gage got weird. I switched out the radio, because it was too old school. Too bad it didn't stay that way, a few years later on the highway a heavy chair fell out of into the lane I thought I would be safe from it hitting me, so I had a dent on the side near my headlight and then my moms coffee spilt everywhere on the passenger side so speckles on the ceiling from that. Around 2014 my air stopped working and living in Florida its miserable but I didn't want to pay to have it fixed. Then in March 2015 after driving it for an hour my car made a really loud noise like a shotgun. Turns out my radiator is bad. Although my gage goes from red back and sometimes back to the middle and there's a little smoke coming from under the hood after starting it up. I'm still able to get to where I need to go 10 mile radius of course. Repair isn't necessary because its how much the cars worth. I'm not the type of girl who wants all the gadgets that come in a newer car so I love it. If it didn't have a baby on the way I would get another one. Since my husband bought a mini cooper s before we were married, its time for an suv.

Very good car
By Dave Feil

Great car
By J alsl

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car it is a great car its winter and i live in the country and it does great! It's a 5 speed with a Sunroof that opens with a crank it runs and drives great and easily shifts. I got it with 94k and it has 95k great car!

Great car!
By Chayse G.

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my blue 2001 Focus ZX3 for free, it needed an idler pulley, and it ran well! It may have the occasional stall and rattle, but it runs well!

My First Car.
By dierad53

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car over a year ago and should've taken it to a mechanic.
I bought it for $1200 from a guy in my town.
It had 251000 miles on it.
I drove it 3 thousand miles the first month I had it.
To date I have replaced the battery(it had a go-cart battery when I bought it), rear wheel bearings, rear and front brakes, alternator, full front suspension, new tires.
So far I probably have about 3200 dollars into it and it now needs a new engine.
I got screwed by the former owner but i love this car.
I will drive it for years.
Great gas mileage and drifts well.
Ive gotten it to 110 before new suspension.
Then i hit a hawk.
I love this car and enjoy doing work on it.
Love my ZX3.

It will be fast when i have a new engine. Wont be worn to dirt. I took it to Ohio and it hardly broke down on me. Word to the wise. Don't take private sellers at their word have a good mechanic. The car will tell the truth. I have gotten 35 mpg on the highway and roughly 26 city. It is amazing in snow and love drifting on the lake(frozen). Wish it were 4x4 or had more offroading options. This car goes off jumps and mudding. Also is green bay packers colors. It is basically a truck. I have fit a dining room table in the hatch and two kayaks on the roof. I have also taken it off-roading. Doesn't forde creeks well but i got through it.

Have a Mechanic look over any car before you buy it. I would say to put roof racks on the car and a brush guard. I would also raise the suspension by an inch or so. Rear bumper is garbage. i would replace it with a steel bumper and attach a winch to the front. This car is very durable. Car is a bit front heavy. Oil filter is in the worst location and alternator is in a bad place. This car is perfect for a teenager who is adventurous and reckless. It is also very safe. Have not gotten into an accident yet. Can fit four kegs of soda in the back.