2000 Ford Focus Consumer Review: You'll get what you paid for

2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

You'll get what you paid for
By Vince on

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car new, before we met. I would never have bought a Ford. We had to replace the tires, brakes and rotors and needed a four wheel alignment at 25,000, We replaced the fuel pump at 50,000 and the trunk leaked but warranty covered seal replacement. When I replaced the spark plugs, the wires were bad. Ford used cheap parts. I changed the oil (Syntec) every 3000 mi. The transmission is exotic for a Ford so I made sure to get it serviced every 30K mi. We now have 107,000 and this car is still running very strong. same power as when it had 15000. no major problems, just general wear after replacing cheap factory parts. Do the scheduled maintenance and car should last years.

Factory stereo cranks. Great road handling. Still get 28 MPG. Great amenities for this level of purchase. Plenty of power when not using AC. I read some other reviews, I have had no problems with interior trim falling off or rattling. All in all a great little car for the price.

Lacks power and has very low idle speed with AC on. Lots of cheap Ford factory parts