Very Reliable
By mazzaro67 on
2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan
Well balanced, handling and solid feel without the road noise !!! Overall a great designed and attractive hatchback. Ford Focus ZX3 got daughter home in her 1st blizzard at nite. Drove me to work for 8 years x 70miles each day. 5 very long trips over 1000 miles. I even slept in the back for 2 nites. Now at 112k miles, everything still works fine. I did change the following once: Battery, Brakes, Tires, Thermostat housing, Belts, hoses, filters, front tie rod links, and plugs. Nothing on this car is hard to work on either.
Favorite Features
Great cargo/sleep space, Great mileage (also hit 41MPG hw). Front seats are big solid and suprisingly comforatable on long trips. Radio sounds great too, even after 11 years.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing big... The front tie rod links needs better quality. I had discovered one bent, and popped out of a cheap plastic connector bushing. The replacement $20 Moog tie rod links are much stronger quality than the stock. Took me 15 minutes to replace them easily. This made a good difference in the way the Focus tracks solidly on the highway.