So far so good
By dperry25 on
2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan
Got car in August 2011 with only 48,000 miles. 8 months and 10,000 miles later and I've had no issues. I have a pretty basic model with an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is good. Especially on the highway. I can fill the car up and the gauge doesn't even start to move for 78 miles. I've gotten a little over 370 miles to a tank with mixed city/highway driving. I've yet to drive it on a long trip but I'm sure it would easily go over 400 miles! My only concern with the car comes from what I read on the internet. I have the SOHC engine, aka SPI (split port injection) and according to the internet, they tend to drop valve seats. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. I love my Focus.
Favorite Features
I have the base model so this is kind of hard. The only features I have are cruise control, automatic transmission, and alloy wheels. that's it! No frills here. I like the car as a whole. Not a specific feature.
Suggested Improvements
if the whole valve seat thing is true, then...yeah....that goes without saying. other than that, even base models should come standard with a tachometer and ABS. It's a 2000!
By dperry25
on 04/03/13 10:41 AM (PDT)

*August 2012. not 2011. Why can't you just edit reviews on here? Sheesh

By dperry25
on 05/06/13 14:21 PM (PDT)

Update: on 4/29/13 I achieved 403 miles to a tank. did not drive car on long trip. just watched my right foot, and exxon gas helps.

By dperry25
on 04/03/13 10:39 AM (PDT)

Also, you have to watch how you drive it. Drive like an idiot and your mileage is significantly lower. The 370 miles comes from careful driving and a mix of city/highway with mostly highway. Mostly city, it's about 320-340 tops. Never had an all city or all highway tank so no numbers to share there.

By dperry25
on 04/03/13 10:32 AM (PDT)

Forgot to mention...the cupholders in the front are completely useless for anything bigger than a 12 oz. can of soda. Terrible design flaw. Nonetheless, I like the car.