2000 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Mixed Emotions About This Car

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Mixed Emotions About This Car
By ryguy on

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Reading all the reviews, I feel lucky not to have so many repairs but I have had my share. My rear window power motor broke 2 times in a year and Ford wants $300 to fix again since the warranty expired. It has tape on to keep it up. Was hit in the front and back at low speed and held up great, can't say that about the Corolla that folded like a tent. Cramped front seat since I am 6 foot 2. I have 50,000 miles and the car hasnt had any major repairs but that is because I do routine maintenance and have a good mechanic. Wish car had more power and I wish everyday I upgraded to CD player instead of factory tape player. I thrash this car every day driving to LAX airport so it is my kick around car.

Interior, handling.

Ford, stop gouging me on minor repairs like power window motors and the warranty is not long enough when you buy the car. Wish car had more features like my 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 which I love, but that is what happens when you buy first model year.