2000 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Don't do it!

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Don't do it!
By sumkindawonderful on

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I recently destroyed my 2000 Toyota Echo ... nothing ever went wrong with that car, I just was an idiot and crashed it. I had to buy a new car and immediately fell in love with my 2000 Kona Edition Ford Focus ZX3. I thought it was an upgrade from my Echo: power windows, power door locks, good sound, good pick up ... definitely a downgrade. Ignition doesn't release key all the time. Recall on fuel pump which before fixed caused engine to stall at 70mph on busy California freeway. Small plastic piece on window regulator broke window; taped up. Check engine light on & transmission problems. Grinding brakes all the time. Turn radio down and volume goes up ... list goes on and on.

While it works it is fun to drive and pretty quick. When the seats reclining features work properly it is very cozy. Good sound. Trunk space very handy. I am sad because I love the look of my Kona; it's a pity I have to find a new car when I just got this one 2 months ago.

Stop selling 2000 Focuses. I am sure that the newer models have been designed better but I have read hundreds and hundreds (out of thousands) of complaints about this model and year ... just stop selling it (and reimburse us car owners hahaha).