Don't believe the reviews!
By Johnny P on
2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan
I have had the car for 3 months now, and I have to say; don't believe all these bad reviews. I am 6'2" and I fit into this car perfectly. I love the European styling and the ergonomical interior; everything is in its right place. Fit and finish is top notch. The car handles exceedingly well for its price class, which is what won it car of the year. Only issue I have had to deal with was a fussy ignition. Other than that, it starts on freezing cold mornings, gets me to and from work, feels very safe and sure footed in all weather conditions. If you get a 5 speed, it will make a tractor sound in low RPMs... this is normal and called gear rollover. Did I mention its a blast to DRIVE.
Favorite Features
The triangular headlights, alloy wheels, remote entry, comfy seats that are height adjustable, big trunk, CD player, can out handle some sports cars, reliable, and fun. Try finding that on a Neon, Civic, or Sentra at the price of the Focus - not happening. Also, it has pep, feels like a v6.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the center armrest, it gets in the way of shifting. Remote only works when you are close to the car. Stock tires were garbage, put some nicer ones on (spend like $60 each, its worth it). Runs best on 89 octane. You won't get 35 mpg. Could use some more ponies.