Used 2000 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great small car
By terry

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I owned a Ford Focus, purchased new. I just traded it for a new 2008 Focus. I only out 44000 miles on it, but I never had any out of warranty problems. Many recalls, and even one 1000.00 repair that was taken care of from a TSB report (coil springs). This car was very reliable and fun and easy to drive, great gas mileage. Always started, never broke down. The only repairs we had were recalls and the master cylinder went almost 2 weeks after we purchased, but it was under warranty. Liked it so much I bought the new one.

More roomier on the inside than most small cars and bigger interior than appears from the outside. Fun to drive, great gas mileage. Love the Focus.

The car was a little noisy after a few years, lots of rattles and squeaks. Other than that, love it.

2000 Focus SE Sedan
By Stewart

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car back in 2005, with 23K Miles on it. It now has 63K miles. I had the coil spring on the driver side snap. In 2007 I had the ingition go out, I wasn't able to turn the key to start the car, that was around $300 to replace. But to be honest, that's the only thing I've really had go wrong with the car, well.. the paint on the side molding on the pax door came off, I have no idea why, now it's just a black strip. Overall though, I would buy this car again, it's very well built

The large headlamps, the curves on the body. That I can raise the seat up and down a good way. Love the MPG's I get.

Probably all taken care of with the new 08 Focus.

Love the Lil Red Car
By InFocus

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my used Focus SE sight unseen from the local dealership to save wear on my F-150. I now have 230k miles on it and still love driving it. Only major problem was a ignition switch. I keep it tuned and have normal maintenance done. It has paid for itself many times over. I heard about all the issues shortly after buying it and was prepared for the worse. Thanks Ford for building a great little car.

Interior. I routinely drive several hundred miles to jobs and it is more comfortable than the decked out pig I used to drive.

Leather interior.

FOCUS = Fix Or Curse Until Stolen
By Jeff

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is an absolute piece of garbage. I got it as a commuter car for nothing but highway driving. I drive 60 miles a day at 65 in a straight line. Where do I begin to describe the problems? The interior is cheap and flimsy. The radio dial literally melts in high heat. The car feels like it will fall apart at 65. Awful road noise. The seats seem to consist of a cloth, cardboard, and styrofoam mixture. Reliability is terrible. I had it in the shop for routine mechanical and electrical problems every 6 months. It once shut off on a highway, literally turning off at 60 mph. Do not, under any circumstances, buy this car. Spend the extra money on a civic and save on repairs.

Got rid of it.

Don't build any more of them. For existing Focus owners, a can of gasoline and properly applied matches should reduce mechanical problems.

Stinks to be me
By notafocusfan

2000 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have driven my car since I bought it because I was a single parent and could get free labor to fix it and could not afford to buy a new car. This car is really bad. It is great because it still runs but it had to have 2 ignition switches, countless brakes, rotors and tires every 20,000 miles. We have lifetime brakes now and it is eating them too. It had to have a new motor at only 90,000 miles in 2005. It dropped a valve seat. New oxygen sensors twice. It now shakes and rattles the dash sounds horrible.

Handling and gas mileage.

Everything else.