Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

So-so car
By MacBopb

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Less than 90k miles and have replaced radiator, plastic thermostat housing twice, both cooling fan motors, relay switches, now ac compressor quit. Not half as good a car as my Toyota Corolla. Power of motor is adequate.

Styling of ZTS, interior, decent gas mileage.

Too many cheap plastic parts. Better reliability.

No more Fords for me
By Shannon Hewett

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as an inside deal. It has been towed 3 times. The fuel pump went out, the fuel line leaked, the ignition went out, the front coil springs broke, exhaust is load, replaced catolac convertor, the number three piston went out (needs new motor). I sold it to the junk yard to a sucker for 250.00. I will never buy another ford. Oh... Two of Focus friends also had the same problems. This is the worst car ever. When the fuel pump goes bad, you can't let the fuel level drop below half a tank. That makes long trips fun. Don't buy it so Ford will stop making it.

When the car shuts down because the fuel pump shuts off. I also like it when people feel sorry for you because of your car. It also helps you discover true friendship when you need a ride because your car is in the garage all the time. Thanks Ford.

Stop production of these cars. Stop ripping people off.

i love my focus!
By shannonkay

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got my Focus in March and I have only had a few small problems such as the windshield wiper bottle leaking and the serpentine belt squeaking. Other than that, I love the easy handling and the amazing gas mileage. Not to mention the aesthetics :)

comfy, great mileage!

i really cant think of any

Worst car I ever owned
By oregon girl

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

This car was a nightmare. It had constant electrical problems, and a piston shattered at 120K miles. The mechanic told us that commonly happens even after only 40K miles. And once the new engine was put in, it made it a whole week before it started leaking oil like crazy. I told the poor lady who bought it from me about all the problems I knew it had, and gave her all the paperwork from all the repairs I'd had to make, but she called me the next day to ask for her money back because it started in with a new electrical problem. Horrible car.

Roomy. That's the only nice thing I can say.

Start making reliable cars.

Terrible Vehicle
By Terrible Vehicle

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This is just a bad car. I bought brand new in 2000. The first two years I spent more time getting recalls done then driving. Then at about 100k miles the car fell apaprt. New clutch, front springs broke, battery, battery cables, battery itself, ac, heater, alternator, the list goes on. I've spent over 6k in the past two years trying to keep this car on the road. Please don't buy an early mondel focus. It will just be a money pit.

Good get up and go. Fun to drive.

Better build quality!!