2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Good at First
By nada on 02/01/07 19:47 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

When looking for my first car I wanted something affordable, reliable, and good looking. I bought it used with about 55,000 miles. And over the course of the last 4 years with this car I have replaced the ignition 2 times, replaced my alternator, had to have the trunk fixed because it wouldn't open, had my brake shoes fall off while driving (probably not a defect with the car, but it was one more thing I had to pay for), my power door locks broke causing the driver door to not open, which meant crawling through the passenger door. And the back door open sensor is busted. I have a power steering fluid leak. And a valve in the engine blew, which was approx $350 to replace. Just be wary.

My Toy Mustang
By Marv on 01/10/07 09:15 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have been a GM fan prior to this car. We have over 200,000 miles on this car and the only thing that we have done is replace the front brake rotors. My son is a Ford Tech and does all the PM's on the car. Will I buy other Focus? Yes! It has been the BEST car I have own, period. Ford build a GREAT car.

Wonderful, Wonderful
By gsdallen on 09/25/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

When looking for a small wagon I had certain criteria. I needed something that would fit my family of people and pets. The Focus is economical, stylish, and fun to drive. It truly is the vehicle for me and others who are looking for a small wagon...whose numbers are dwindling.

My Focus
By chainmail on 08/21/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

My Focus has given me excellent driving pleasure for 6 years. When delivered it had a small oil leak in the transmission casing. The dealer replaced it and I have had no trouble

Fun car but lots of problems!
By KTW on 08/21/06 06:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used 2 years ago. I love the look and feel of my car but I've had to totally replace the air conditioning as well as 2 of the power windows. Now my key will not go into the ignition and from everything I've been reading this is a common problem. I don't feel safe driving a car that may leave me stranded somewhere. I hate to get rid of it because its really good on gas and very nice looking. :-(

The Worst Car EVER sold
By Jaki on 05/13/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 60,000 miles on it. I have got to admit now that I was down in the dumps when I bought that Ford nightmare. The next day as I was driving to work the Ford nightmare had a fuel pump problem, and then the timing belt literally exploded and then oil leak and then fuel leak and then the AC broke down and then the water pump broke down and then the back power windows broke down and the car stereo broke down -- I had to hit it hard with my fist for it to function several times and then the Ford nightmare is a noise box and then and then and then. How many times did I say "and then" - I have lost count. Mayday Mayday Mayday DO NOT EVER BUY a FORD EVER Please...

FOCUS on problems
By va1234 on 05/12/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had my Focus for 2 yrs now and I have actually driven it for 1.5 yrs because the rest of the time it was in the shop. The warranty company has put $5200 in repairs for the engine and suspension. The only thing that I like is the sound system, interior, and the exterior styling is ok. I have had alternator problems, starting problems (6 times for that one), cooling system, suspension, gaskets, and new steering column (1st week owned). The transmission is quirky and the vehicle has no power. THIS CAR WOULD RUN BETTER FLYING OFF A BRIDGE!!!

love/hate relationship
By AG on 05/11/06 23:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I love my Ford Focus. I really enjoy the way it drives--that was what convinced me to buy it in the first place. However, I wouldn't recommend it. Not this model at least. Later years seem to be a bit more reliable. My car was three years old when I bought it, and I have now owned it for three years. I have put thousands of dollars of repairs into it. It has needed brake work on two separate occasions, as well as a new starter. This is not an old car! As soon as I can afford it I will be looking for a new car.

2001 Ford Focus hatchback
By BT on 03/04/06 07:15 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Roomy interior, high off the ground, easy to maneuver, lots of pickup. Good gas mileage.

It's been good to us
By Steve on 02/20/06 21:11 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Car is fun to drive, handles very well plenty of power (if you rev the heck out of it). The hatchback design is very useful. My son wrecked at 2 months and came very close to a total wreck, but it was fixed in the dealership body shop and we've put 135,000 miles on it since. No injuries, the car will take a heck of a whack. We've had a few problems, most attributable to damage from the wreck that wasn't caught (except for the drive train most of the front end, suspension included, was replaced) Fuel use is 28-32 mpg; average about 30. I realize some people have had a lot of trouble with these cars, but not us! One of the best we've owned.