2000 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Mixed Emotions About This Car
By ryguy on 01/19/05 11:19 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Reading all the reviews, I feel lucky not to have so many repairs but I have had my share. My rear window power motor broke 2 times in a year and Ford wants $300 to fix again since the warranty expired. It has tape on to keep it up. Was hit in the front and back at low speed and held up great, can't say that about the Corolla that folded like a tent. Cramped front seat since I am 6 foot 2. I have 50,000 miles and the car hasnt had any major repairs but that is because I do routine maintenance and have a good mechanic. Wish car had more power and I wish everyday I upgraded to CD player instead of factory tape player. I thrash this car every day driving to LAX airport so it is my kick around car.

I hate this car
By dunndee on 01/05/05 10:27 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

I am in the process of looking for a different car. I have had nothing but problems from this car from day one, and I bought it brand new. Tires, ignition, fuel pump, fuel lines, stereo, brakes, paint chipping, gas door, you name it, I have had it. Like other reviewers said, Ford does not care. I know it was the first year for this car, but they should fix what they have done wrong. It also has no power when air is on.

Focus
By liv on 12/31/04 19:00 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Focus the year it came out in 2000. I had about one good year until many recalls came out. I was stranded out of state when the fuel pump broke, and it wasn't until year later that I recieved a notice for recall for the fuel pump. I had the replace the head gasket and the water pump. Many valves leak and it has steadily lost fuel efficiency. I would not reccommed buying the Focus.

Don't believe the reviews!
By Johnny P on 12/28/04 00:49 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 3 months now, and I have to say; don't believe all these bad reviews. I am 6'2" and I fit into this car perfectly. I love the European styling and the ergonomical interior; everything is in its right place. Fit and finish is top notch. The car handles exceedingly well for its price class, which is what won it car of the year. Only issue I have had to deal with was a fussy ignition. Other than that, it starts on freezing cold mornings, gets me to and from work, feels very safe and sure footed in all weather conditions. If you get a 5 speed, it will make a tractor sound in low RPMs... this is normal and called gear rollover. Did I mention its a blast to DRIVE.

Worst Car Ever. Avoid this vihicle.
By Triumph on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

This is the most recalled vehicle in history. I get about a recall a month on this piece of junk. The rear wheel bearings have been replaced twice. The ingnition lock has siezed up twice. Each time, the key would not even go into the ingintion. I found 30 pages of people on the internet who have had the same problem, yet Ford refuses to issue yet another recall to fix it for free, and felt just great about charging me $500 to fix the ignition. Now the water pump has developed a leak. All of this in less than 4 years.

A great U.S.A. built car
By mboedy on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan

I drive this car 55 miles one way to work. For 85000 miles there have been no problems-just maintenance like filters, tires, and brakes. I have the leather seats, cd player, and whatever else comes on the ZTS. This is a huge step up from the Escort I was using for a work car, and in fact I actually declared when I bought it "This is way too nice for a work car". This is a great commuter car, and is much more stylish than the rest of this class. I plan on driving this car another couple hundred thousand miles, since my previous Escorts all surpassed 250000 miles without any major work. This is a great car!

Unfulfilling
By snabdangler on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought brand new, now at 118K, at the time there wasn't many options for a small wagon. Reliability has been AWFUL. O2 sensor is always malfunctioning ..check engine light can only be off for a week or so, learned to live with. Many expensive parts; ABS sensor, calipers, wiring, wheel bearings, front suspension. Now tranny starting to act weird, also many recalls have been tiresome (lost track, at least 10 of them). Perhaps Ford has worked out the problems, they now offer longer warantee, (we had 3 yr, 36k mile), but I don't appreciate paying to be a tester. Interior is cheap, stereo is cheap. Cup holders, WHO CARES? (they are bad though). Seats are like boards.

great car
By SaRaH on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car before starting college. It's been a great car. It did have a fuel pump recall, but other than that I haven't had any more problems. It is a very dependable car and I would recommend it.

Win/Lose a little
By ShnMobile on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love the car itself. Nice interior and very comfortable. Handles my crazy driving...so it definitely rides well. The only things I have disliked are the recalls. The fuel pump especially. This was really bad and almost left me stranded a few times, until the recall came to the rescue. Had to have radio fixed a few months after buying, and the radio piece still pops out randomly. Get the extended warranty just in case. Love the design of the car though. Roomy even though it's a "small" car.

Great Car
By elrod on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for a year now and It is one of the best cars I have owned. I have had no problems whatso ever.