Used 2000 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (74 reviews )

Had Better
By Mavwreck1975

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have had four Fords before this car and I can easily say this is the only one I'm not satisfied with. I bouth it used with 20k on it. At 25k, a bad vibration started coming from the rear wheels. Now at 34k, the headlights turn on and off randomly and the automatic transmission slips out of gear when the lights shut off. Oddly this problem has no effect on the engine. My two Crown Victorias and my Escort were much better cars.

Favorite Features

Comfort, stereo, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

RELIABILITY!!!

Not for the long haul
By Nrmltowngrrrl

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car ever, and it will be my last Ford. Looks cute and is fun to drive, but quality is poor. Stuff keeps breaking: clutch master cylinder (at 20K), ignition switch (stranded at 40K; not fun), brakes (at 45K), cd player/radio cuts off for no reason (even after being sent for fixing), leaky radiator (66K), wiper speed is never right, makes weird crunching noise over speed bumps, brakes always squeaky! Plus, dealership service is not helpful. Takes forever to get recalls fixed, sometimes they don't even order the parts. I can't wait to get rid of this thing and would not recommend the Ford Focus to anyone.

Favorite Features

Looks sharp and handles well, fuel economy is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality craftsmanship, please! Why can't Ford make cars like they used to?

Fun Stuff
By T_Williams

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Focus used in 2003 with only 25000 miles on it. It is fun to drive and gets pretty good fuel mileage for the way I drive it.

Favorite Features

It has a decent stereo system, comfortable seats, and I love the 5- speed.

Suggested Improvements

My first Ford was a 92 Mustang that had no cupholders. it is nice to see a Ford with cupholders. My only suggestion is that they make them all usable. The front cupholder on the passenger side is right under the dash and you can only fit a very small cup in it properly.

zx3
By Deejinator

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

It's a great car overall, handles well and gets great gas mileage. mine has a little over 80,000 miles on it and still runs like new

Favorite Features

The handling is great and the seats are relatively roomy

Suggested Improvements

the braking system wears out fast, Ford really needs to improve it

Best bang for your buck!
By DR69

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Great car! Corners like it's on rails; handling is superb with peppy throttle & good response. Not a muscle car but very fun to drive! Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats with lumbar support, accurate steering & suspension with low roll centers for great cornering.

Suggested Improvements

I found Ford's product support to be somewhat lacking. The car could use a bit more torque off the line.