2000 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (74 reviews )
No reliability problems here!
By ZX3dude on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I've had my ZX3 for 2 years now and have had no problems at all. I just replaced the Good Year tires at 25,000 miles with a set of Michelin GXT's and it drives better than it did new. The only noises I had were with the Good Year tires. Even tho this car doesn't have as much hp as the new Civic SI, it blows the Civic away with quality, style and a lot more comfortable!!

Great so far
By ZX3 review on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Great performance, trend-setting styling for low price are the selling points on this one. It blows away the Civic, Corolla, Echo, Sentra, Protege, or anything else in its class. We've personally had no reliability problems for 45,000 miles other than some squeaky brakes that Ford replaced for free and a few recalls. Others have had mixed experiences, but I can't say there's anything about this car that has disappointed me.

Review Ford ZX3 Hatchback
By Horstedt on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This is an excellent small car with good power (5 speed trans.),excellent manuver- ability,ample interior roominess,and very good styling. As a means of local and intermediate travel, it is an excellent choice. I have used it to travel from San Francisco to Oregon in comfort and safety (good breaks and air bags front and side).

FORD FOCUS ZX3 00'
By JONATHAN FLESTADO on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

DRIVING A 00 FORD FOCUS IS REALLY GOOD ! YOU CANT REALLY FEEL ANY VIBRATION WHILE DRIVING WITH THE SPEED OF MORE THAN 75M PER HOUR.ITS REALLY FUN TO DRIVE A CAR LIKE THIS.EVERYBODY IS ASKING ME WHAT KIND OF CAR IS IT .THERE TRYING TO BUY IT, BUT IM WILLING TO SELL IT AND GET ANOTHER FORD AND IT SHOULD BE A SVT FOCUS! HA! HA!

FOCUS ZX3 2000 KONA ED
By douguil on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I regret to have an automatic transmission on that car, it is much more fun and fast with a stick. Go with 16’’ wheels, it helps a lot the handling and maybe with 205/40/16 tires instead of 50's for a better stability when driving aggressively. I cannot wait that my Firestone Firehawk stock tires wear out, they are terrible.

I don't know what your problem is?
By rll on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I've put 58,000 miles on my zx-3 in a year and half. These miles are combined freeway, mountain, and L.A stop & go. this thing has been perfect. Nothing to do but change the oil, I'm still on my original set of brake pads. As a long time Benz owner(5), I bought this as a disposable car, I had no expectations of a E55 or similar. Ford has done their homework on this one, this thing is a blast to drive, especially on empty curvy roads. I'm probably going to give this to my teen-age daughter and get me the SVT. Even with the dealer's gouging, I'm thousands ahead of the small Benz coupe, and it will be alot more fun to drive.

Great Car... If parts would stop failing
By dt90007 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

The car is great... i love the way it looks drives and handles. The fold down rear seats provide oodles of storage space when you need it... However, i too have been to the ford dealership a little to often for my tastes. Everything has been covered by the warranty but i bought a new car so i wouldn't have to worry about the problems. However, i know my service guy really well now.

Lemon Demon
By Olga Nehring on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car thinking what a good deal. But quickly that turned upside down. The cluch had a recall, after they fixed that (ha) I put It back in the shop three more times. Now I'm told the sound is normal. Don't think so. I've had it in two times for a clunking noise in the back left side, they fixed it once but the noise came right back, I guess in stuck with that noise to. The back light went out, the gas light stuck on, they are fixed but for how long I don't know. I didn't buy the extended warranty, OH NO! I've read the other reviews and I'm scared. Now there is a noise in the front when I go over bumps!

Amazing Car at an Amazing Price
By Robert Aitchison on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

My Focus is getting close to 2 years old and is still as solid as the day I drove it off the lot. Performace is AMAZING, it's an incredibly fun to drive car. Reliability has exceeded expectations.

It's been good to me
By blue_td on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Focus ZX3 for almost two years now, and have no complaints. While the numerous recalls have been a bit annoying, the car has not given me any problems. It's fun to drive, good on gas, very roomy (for a small car), and reliable.