Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best car ever... will only ever buy ford
By FORDFOCUSLUVR

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my focus, i have had it for a few months and it has been nothing but good. I have heard of all the problems but so far none of them. And I think i may have some electrical problems going on with the radio.. Road noise there isnt much. All around perfect car.

Favorite Features

Roomy truck!!, has a very good sound stock sound system. great leg room in the front not so much in the back. has very comfy seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel ecomomy it was amazing but seemed to go down hill.

2000 Ford Focus LX, auto trans, I-4
By Chris

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2007 for my wife and before I went to the Coast Guard, the engine fell apart. Two rebuilds from valve seats dropping and I had enough. After 4,500 dollars rounded I had enough. Please think about this car before you buy. Ford did not recall the valve seats in the cylinder head. Get anything above 06 and that includes all I-4's in Tauris too. 99- 05 are all bad. Just I-4's though. Huntchbacks are fine...

Favorite Features

Great on gas communting from Denver to Houston, fun and small and great for city life.

Suggested Improvements

Recalling the cylinder heads, better lighting and better engine mounting (2).

Great Little Car
By Ron

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Car has 155,000 miles. Up to 100,000 miles no problems. In the last 50,000 things started wearing out. Replaced everthing in the brakes (about time) replaced A/C, power steering pump, alternator, engine mounts, ignition key switch, plugs, plug wires, coil, belt and one power window mech-anism. Thats about it These things don't last forever. Now at 155,000 the engine blew so I am going to install a used engine. This little car has always run great, good mileage and reliable transportation. Its still like new so it deserves a new engine which I plan to install. Like any car there are some lemons out there but mine is not one of them so I'm keeping it for another 100,000.

Favorite Features

Handling and mileage fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

I'm a big guy and a little more room would be nice but the new ones I think have taken care of this problem

So-so car
By MacBopb

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Less than 90k miles and have replaced radiator, plastic thermostat housing twice, both cooling fan motors, relay switches, now ac compressor quit. Not half as good a car as my Toyota Corolla. Power of motor is adequate.

Favorite Features

Styling of ZTS, interior, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Too many cheap plastic parts. Better reliability.

No more Fords for me
By Shannon Hewett

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as an inside deal. It has been towed 3 times. The fuel pump went out, the fuel line leaked, the ignition went out, the front coil springs broke, exhaust is load, replaced catolac convertor, the number three piston went out (needs new motor). I sold it to the junk yard to a sucker for 250.00. I will never buy another ford. Oh... Two of Focus friends also had the same problems. This is the worst car ever. When the fuel pump goes bad, you can't let the fuel level drop below half a tank. That makes long trips fun. Don't buy it so Ford will stop making it.

Favorite Features

When the car shuts down because the fuel pump shuts off. I also like it when people feel sorry for you because of your car. It also helps you discover true friendship when you need a ride because your car is in the garage all the time. Thanks Ford.

Suggested Improvements

Stop production of these cars. Stop ripping people off.