Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Worst Car Ever
By HateFocus1

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased Brand New 2000 Ford Focus Lx Sedan! Worst car ever was in the shop day after I bought it for faulty spark plugs, had the car for a year a a half, Repairs Done: 2 new engines, 4 radiators, 3 batteries, 2 alternators, 2 transmissions (ps the car is a manual and yes the transmission went out) 1 clutch (leaking) Mater cylender, Electricle wiring for exterior lights, e brake, 3 ac's, thermostat, 2 water pumps,

Design of exterior very sporty and different, interior unique and user friendly

GET RID OF THE FOCUS HORRIBLE CAR, Have had a 2000 and 2003 just as many problems with the 03 as the 2000.

Saved My Life
By Mia

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I was in my first car accident, not just a fender bender, I have a few contusions, 2nd degree burn, and two strains one in my back and the other in my neck. I could have came out a lot worse, the EMS on site told me the air bags and everything worked the way it should have. I'm still scared but thank goodness that this was all that I came out with. Its normal to get a burn from the air bag the ambulance said. I'm planning on buying another ford focus for my new car. They are fairly reliable.

Great car when it doesn't need repair
By ZM

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I really want to love this car. It has not left me stranded yet. But since I purchased it with 90K 2 years ago, I have put in nearly $4000 in repairs. None to my negligence. So buyer beware. The first year of the Focus is the most problematic. I will say that it has plenty of power and features for a small car. The wagon has tons of space as well.

space, ride height, handling, looks, fuel economy 32mpg highway, 24 city, easy to work on yourself (you'll have to).

Better build quality, smoother transmission, fewer cheap plastic parts,

You get what you pay for
By pablo

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I think is a pretty decent car for the price I paid. I have read the reviews and I agree with some of the problems listed here. The brakes system vibrates and there is a light that comes on when I turn too sharply or hit a bump. I think this is a good car for someone without kids because the two door deal is uncomfortable at times for the ones seating in the back. I have seated in the back, nonetheless, and it is spatious, just kind of a pain to get in and out. Overall it is pretty handy, good design, the 5 speed may be better than the automatic transmition. I owned a Taurus for 2 years and the transmition broke down.

design, top speed is awesome, corners and handling is good, the driver seats are high giving you great visibility of the road,

cupholders are located in a retarded position, braking system is not the best feature, 4 door should be standard, better acceleration and fuel economy

best car
By m011

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 ford focus, with over 100000km on it i've only had few problems. i love it. for a small car its big.

big. good on gas. love it

better spot for oil filter