2000 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (74 reviews )
Ford Focus ZX3 Review
By almdtb on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this vehicle for what is almost 3 months now. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I've recently gotten the windows tinted and added a spoiler, it is a very hot little car. I am very happy to own it.

good luck getting in
By jon1sit on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

overall the car is fun to drive but has tons of flaws

Move over Civic, Focus is here to stay!!
By focusracer1 on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Today it is 10/11/03 and my focus turned 80,000 miles today. I have babied it and at the same time trashed it and it is still running as if were brand new. My friend who owns a 2001 Honda Civic, has gone thru a blown transmission and some bad shocks. The whole thing about Japanese cars being better than American cars has been thrown out the window thanks to the innovation of the Ford Focus. Anyone who is looking for an economical car with some real go, then look no further than the Ford Focus.

My first new car, won't be my last Focus
By italianguy on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Love this car! It's been a reliable hauler (love the folding split seats) and has plenty of giddy-up for a small car. Outside of the recalls, I've had no major problems with it. I get about 34 highway/27 city mileage wise. I can't complain with that. Haven't had a need to transport many passengers, thankfully, the rear seat is a pain to get into.

Never let me down
By jblakeney on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

After being forced into buying a car on rather short notice by a wreck, I decided that what I wanted was a vehicle which was able to haul me and all of my crap, be economical, and still be fun to drive. The Focus Zx3 has lived up to all of that, with the exceptions of interior quality and fuel economy. The fuel economy is partially my fault, as it has been so much fun to drive (fast), and in the summertime with the AC on, it can suck up a lot of fuel, even on the highway. I have experienced few mechanical problems (my ignition key stopped working once), and I have driven this car about as hard as I know how.

Excellent Little Car
By sgrabin on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

We bought the Kona edition pretty much when the Focus first came out in 2000. We've been very pleased with the performance and reliability of the Focus. Yes, there have been a lot of recalls, but they were minor items that were done quickly at no cost. The car is very quick and nimble and very fun to drive. We've averaged about 22 miles per gallon, which is a bit disappointing for 125 horsepower, but it's not too bad. The Focus is an excellent value for the money.

if you are in for the long-haul...
By freelisa on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

If you are in for the long-haul, dont waste your money. It is ridiculous how often Ive had to put my Focus in the shop. Ive had about 9 recalls so far, and a lot of other repairs including a transmission leak twice, faulty rear seat, and a blocked ignition, to name a few. I love the size of the car, and the functionality of the hatchback, but that is not enough to make a consumer happy. A car needs to be reliable. This one is not. I cant wait to get rid of it.

Hot pick
By InfernoJ on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Purchasing the Focus ZX3 is definately one of the best choices I have made thus far. The new sportier design and it's compact, but roomy size made some heads turn whenever I drive by a crowd. The ZX3 has definately made a statement; this new sporty car is here to stay.

Excellent Car for the Price
By Ahmet Guvengez on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This is just an excellent car for the price. Superior handling and fairly good acceleration for an automatic... I bought it last October 2002 and drove it for 10000 miles already. Except for a couple of recalls, I have not had any noticeable problems. I think this car is very underrated when compared to what it provides for the money.

cool car very bad quality
By zajka on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

it could have been really cool car - fun to drive and roomy, but the quality is so bad. I had 10 recalls done, fuel pump, a/c, brakes, noises...you name it...can't wait to get rid of it.