Used 2000 Ford Focus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not going to buy another
By jspin77

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

My wife loved the car for about a year and a half. Until all the problems. We ruined the rotors at about 15k miles. I guess that is my fault for not checking the brakes, but I have never had a car that ran through breaks before 30k. Since that we have had well over $2000 in the car in three years. It has left my wife stranded twice(which sealed the deal). Currently, it is still not running. It's not starting sometimes. We will see how much this one costs. I have a total of 60k mi. Mostly highway. Since replacing brakepads, they have lasted well over 40k mi. Many of the problems that I have had, are also happening on my father's Winstar.

Favorite Features

It does have good power for the class. I think a good turning radius. Is fun to drive for its class.

Suggested Improvements

Stop selling it

Mixed feelings
By Bummed too

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new. In the 3 years (27,500 mls) I've had it, it's been more trouble than my 10 yr old Honda (+200,000 mls). Things that should work for a certain amount of time don't. The latest is the rear power window. The mechanism failed and now needs to be replace. This is just 3 weeks AFTER the wrnty expired. I've also had to bring it back for recalls - wipers and backseat latch. The stereo was replace too. On the other hand it is fun to drive. I love all the cargo room with the back seat down. It's easy to manuever, and it has some zip to it. It's cute and good back seat leg room. Won't buy another, but remember you get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

The flat surface when you lay the back seat down.

Suggested Improvements

Use quality parts when manuafacturing a car!

focus wagon
By wagon

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I just wrecked it. I was rear ended by a person who was not watching the road. Impact was apprx 40mph difference. The passenger compartment held up great, and with no broken glass at all. The doors do open now but wont close well.

Favorite Features

Previously carried a queen sofa in the back, sticking out 3 feet, 75% of the sofas length fit inside, and the hight worked well. Best long distance hwy milage in a tankfull was 37.77 mpg's, and there was 2 people with lots of gear and baggage, included a cooler full of ice and food.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed transmission and rear disc brakes.

problems after problems
By mok123m

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

The thing i had fixed by ford: -Replace Outer CV and Axel ASSY. Transfer Inner Axel. -Replace power steeling pump and bleed air from system -Replace Cargo Cover -Bolt from top rack came off and replace -Replace fuel pump -Replace Right hand inner axle -Replace driver side head light assembly -Replace burn out license plate light -Replace stabilizator bar and lube bushing -Perform 4 wheel alighment -Replace pinch bolt -Replace block heater cord (charge me 22.77CAD for a damn cord) -Replace Right hand mirror

Favorite Features

is nice to drive around with it, very comfortable and power is acceptable (but fuel economy needs improvement)

Suggested Improvements

build a reliable car please!! or extend your warranty period to ten years!! also improve on fuel economy would be nice!

Great Multipurpose Vehicle
By Driver8

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I have driven 60k miles in the past 3 years and have experienced no problems with my focus other than having the brake pads replaced at 50k miles. I have driven a great deal on every terrain imaginable from ice and snow to sand, mud, gravel and pavement in my quest for adventure, and the focus has been a real trooper. Actually, my last car was a Trooper, and had nothing over the focus except a penchant for gas and oil. The wagon bed is big enough for sleeping, too. My only complaint is that fuel economy is surprisingly low for such a small vehicle (avg. 26 mpg in the past 3 years, 50/50 hwy and city)

Favorite Features

Power windows, doors and hatch. CD player, cruise control

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support on front seats & rear headrests - take a cue from the Jetta wagon