Used 2000 Ford Focus ZTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

never again
By geoboy

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

very poor reliability, poor mileage

Very Satisfied
By BillF

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This is a very fun to drive car, especially if you have the manual transmission. There is plenty of power and lots of interior room for an economy car. I do not have problems with my brakes or other things that I have read about. I have only had one recall on my car. I would recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Performance and handling

Suggested Improvements

Do not like the fake wood grain trim

We Love Our Car
By S. Bennett

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

We bought our 4dr.FocusZTS brand new in Oct.2000. I'm 5'6", my husband is 6'8" (345lbs) and we both fit fine. The seats adjust in height.The steering wheel telescopes. In 3 short yrs. we've put 76,000+ miles on it. Our round trip commute to Houston, TX is 70 miles. We've had no problems. We had one accident but the Ford Dealership and Our insurance (Allstate)handled everything, giving a lifetime warranty on all work done. We paid 16,400 (absolute total), with all the extras, no trade-in and a 4.9%APR in 2,000. We love 2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS.

Favorite Features

Ztec Engine, 16" wheels, ABS, drives like a bat out of He**, handles like a dream, killer sound system

Suggested Improvements

Wish they'd left the Focus alone. 2001 and newer models have shorter windows, narrower interiors,have cut many free standard features. Ford will lose our business because these changes when we buy a new car.

Just upgraded and happy as a lark!
By Roarmeister

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Great car with # of annoying problems and a history of engineering problems. 11 recalls, but only ONE had any impact. Problems -Paint chips -Trunk release -Rubber Trim pieces loose -Leaves got into air intake causing a burning leaves smell -Clutch return spring causing shifing problems -Plastic air dam panel came loose -Driver's door power actuator broken -Door panel broken -Inaccurate fuel gauge readings -Brakes started to make strange wear noises at around 24k, due to the type of material Ford used. Brakes could not always depress the pedal 100% but this had no affect the stopping action -Driver's headrest would not stay in place but would constantly "ride up"

Favorite Features

Lots of room, headroom is excellent even when seat in at it's highest setting. Good width but could be a tad wider. Back seat accommodation is great or better than the competition. Great view of the road except in drivers rear quadrants. Very good handling and ride (but not great).

Suggested Improvements

Change design of the wipers Delete shifter ring Console too high Extra power point on the console Why press unlock button 2x to open trunk Back doors do not open wide My adult passengers had trouble opening door even with the ChildProof lock disabled Driver seat not supportive enough

Great Car...if you get top of the line
By richy

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Nice car. Handles better then my BMW & cost a lot less to maintain. I have the top of the line but I can see where the car would look cheap if you get anything less. Great Price

Favorite Features

Nice looking, great interior, good on gas and great interior (top of the line model)

Suggested Improvements

Don't know yet