2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Well Deisigned, Poorly Built
By Focus ZTS Owner on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive, looks good, and has great interior room for a compact. Gas mileage is OK but not great (about 25 - 26 mpg on mixed hilly curvy roads and in-town driving). The quality of the workmanship leaves much to be desired. There have been numerous recalls. In addition, I've had a variety of things repaired under the warranty (door panel trim, headlights, gas gauge, squeaks, accelerator cable mounting, brakes, and loose trim).

Focus -- GREAT!
By JAC on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Very good driving dynamics. The brakes and steering are world class -- the benchmark for the rest of the competition!

Fun Little Car
By Tinkerbell on 03/04/02 18:58 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Overall a fun little car. I've had very few problems with it so far. My best friend has had one for over a year and she loves it. She's had NO problems with it. I find it very comfortable. The only time it was slightly uncomforatable was when we squeezed five people into it. Four fits just fine. Fuel economy is not very good at all. I was a little disappointed by that.

2000 Ford Focus ZTS
By Hanuman on 03/04/02 00:15 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Well, my Focus ZTS is a very good car performance wise; it has great power and acceleration. Also on the ZTS model, the seats and steering wheel are adjustable so I can customize to my liking. My complaints with it are several: 1. All those darn recalls. 2. The cheapo organic brake pads installed with the front disk brakes. 3. My transmission leaked a little 4. Squeaky OEM windshield wipers

Focus ZTX
By KP on 02/27/02 21:30 PM (PST)

A blast to drive.