2000 Ford Focus ZTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sort Reviews by

Well Deisigned, Poorly Built
By Focus ZTS Owner

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive, looks good, and has great interior room for a compact. Gas mileage is OK but not great (about 25 - 26 mpg on mixed hilly curvy roads and in-town driving). The quality of the workmanship leaves much to be desired. There have been numerous recalls. In addition, I've had a variety of things repaired under the warranty (door panel trim, headlights, gas gauge, squeaks, accelerator cable mounting, brakes, and loose trim).

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Actually make quality job one.

Focus -- GREAT!
By JAC

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Very good driving dynamics. The brakes and steering are world class -- the benchmark for the rest of the competition!

Suggested Improvements

Upgraded engine. The 2.5L from the Cougar would be great! A diesel option would be great for the U.S.! (i.e. import the European TDCi) Throttle tip-in is TOO sensitive; hard to modulate acceleration rate from a dead stop.

Fun Little Car
By Tinkerbell

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Overall a fun little car. I've had very few problems with it so far. My best friend has had one for over a year and she loves it. She's had NO problems with it. I find it very comfortable. The only time it was slightly uncomforatable was when we squeezed five people into it. Four fits just fine. Fuel economy is not very good at all. I was a little disappointed by that.

Suggested Improvements

Make a specific place to put a tissue box. Improve transmission. It is a little sluggish.

2000 Ford Focus ZTS
By Hanuman

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Well, my Focus ZTS is a very good car performance wise; it has great power and acceleration. Also on the ZTS model, the seats and steering wheel are adjustable so I can customize to my liking. My complaints with it are several: 1. All those darn recalls. 2. The cheapo organic brake pads installed with the front disk brakes. 3. My transmission leaked a little 4. Squeaky OEM windshield wipers

Favorite Features

1. Great braking power and braking distance. 2. Excellent power. 3. Beautiful rims on the ZTS model. 4. Great fuel efficiency.

Suggested Improvements

1. No more stupid recalls. 2. Don't mix quality components with el cheapo components (see above). 3. How about some semi-metallic brake pads?

Focus ZTX
By KP

A blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Automatic dome light

Suggested Improvements

Better plastic