2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Car
By elrod on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for a year now and It is one of the best cars I have owned. I have had no problems whatso ever.

focused
By taylort5 on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Ford focus was an excellent car it was the perfect size for me and my family and very reliable. my car had 86,000 and the engine waw extremely quite as if the car was not turned on. I would definitly purchase another focus.

I Still Like It!!!
By JKC-2004 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got this car in September as my very first car. I freaked out after reading the reviews on it - they are very discouraging. But...it's been 6 months and it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. I have driven Neons, Cavaliers, and Accents. All three can not compare to the Focus.

Ford Made a Boo Boo with the 2000 Focus
By awharfrat on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

There have been numerous problems still occuring and Ford cannot fix them. Wiring seems to go bad a lot. I would never buy a ford again because of my experience with the ford focus

One of the Lucky Ones ?
By PHILG on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

After reading some of these reviews I felt as if I needed to submit one to defend this car a bit! I'm not an avid supporter of any car make, rather a person who buys a car out of necessity! I drive alot! I've owned 7 new cars in the past and believe it or not,the Focus has been the best! Recalls don't bother me as long as the problems are corrected. This vehicle has 112,000 and still runs perfect. There may not be the same amount of zip when I first drove off the lot, but the Focus has been very good to me. There have been no major repair expenses other than brakes, tires, and a set of spark plugs and wires! So, don't believe all of the hype!

Just a few problems
By Orlando on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I owned this vehicle for just under four years and 85,000 miles. The recalls were annoying and I stopped getting them corrected, which actually led to one problem. The tires wear out quickly, as do the brakes. Ford did replace all the brakes free of charge after one year. I had the rear left wheel bearing break at about 70K miles. I think this was a recall issue. I had several problems with a bad battery cable causing the car not to start (or die in traffic). I think the car juiced batteries. I went through 3 in four years. Other than tires/brakes/wheel bearing, the only other problem was a broken air hose (about $125 repair).

Best Car ever
By Hennessy on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my ford focus. It has almost 95000 miles on her and is still purring like a kitten. Will definately buy another focus!

Crappy Car
By Jane P. Doe on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have had several recalls on this car, It continues to fall apart on me so I am trading it in for a VW. When im using the AC it leaks on the inside of the car! I had that fixed 8 times and it is still not fixed! I have also had key problems!

A Big Let Down
By mandi on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

When we bought this car, it seemed to have so many great features for an affordable price. However, not two months into it and with a brand new baby riding in it, the mechanical flaws rared their ugly heads. It seemed atleast once a month their was a recall on something mechanically vital or something would just not work, for example the key wouldn't come out of the ignition one day. Turns out the ignition was faulty and recalled. A year later, the key wouldn't go into the ignition. Turns out that ignition had been recalled too. It was fun at first, but after a couple of thousand miles, it just really starts to suck.

Zippy, Fun But Extremely Frustrating
By KCM on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Loved car when bought. Still like it, but tired of quirky surprises! Had a cracked AC line 6 months after purchase. It was at dlrshp 3 mths waiting for for the part to come in. Many recalls. Most recent on fuel pump. Car can't be started to move just couple of feet in driveway or critical valve sticks and car won't restart. Dlr says drive around block to avoid problem. Prblm with wires in steering column caused exterior light failure on 2 diff. occasions. Brakes(rotors too) had to be replaced. Crz cntrl would not remain engaged; had to be repaired. Ignition swtch went bad, key would not go into the ignition. Many rpr bills while still making car pymts!