Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Terrific
By Clevelander

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

10 years and still going strong. Highly reliable. Love my car as much today as the day I bought it. Doesn't look or feel dated.

Favorite Features

The sound system, comfy seat even on long trips, sporty, easy handling. Great comfort and visibility, especially for the shorter driver. More interior/cargo room than one might think.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it was better in the snow.

Regular Car
By Regular Car

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have bought from my uncle three months ago. Since this I had repair the water pump, and big problems with the electrical system, I have replaced the coil, crankshaft, and other problems with the fuse box. Too many issues for a little time. Ah, otherwise the mechanics complain because the space in the engine is very small, then the repair cost could be more expensive. Apart of that the car have a excellent exterior design, is very comfortable, and have a good performance.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, very comfortable, good drive experience

Suggested Improvements

more soft transmission, best interior design,

Great little car!
By Chuck

2000 Ford Focus Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, this car has proved to be economical, fun to drive, and very reliable. Original tires lasted 55K and replacements were good for 78K. The rear brakes were replaced at 125K even though they had 15% wear left. Am getting 50,000+ on front pads. City mpg 25+ and hwy 32. There were many recalls but all were completed to my satisfaction. Stranded twice when ignition lock seized, replaced the alternator, motor mounts, and timing belt (although it was in great shape at 133,000 miles, the spring tensioner was shot). A leaking valve cover gasket ruined the thermostat housing, but was able to perform these repairs myself. An excellent buy that I hope to drive for another 10 years.

Favorite Features

The handling and adequate power for highway driving.

Suggested Improvements

Improved testing would eliminate many recalls.

First Car - Excellent Choice!
By LovedMyFocus

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I had this car 7 1/2 years, over 100K miles, and ran it into the ground. I think I performed major maintenance once, at 60,000 mi. I replaced the brakes twice, rotors once. It only had one problem ever, where oil was dripping on something and I could smell it through the vents. Easily fixed. I was in a collision and the car was minimally damaged with the exception of the airbags. I was really hard on the exterior: it sustained a lot of damage, but still always ran like a champ. I traded it for a Subaru AWD when I moved to NH because it slid a lot in the snow cause it was light. But if the Focus came in AWD and still in a hatchback, I would be driving one of those instead! Loved this car!

Favorite Features

Saved me with minimal injury more than once in accidents. NO mechanical problems with little maintenance. I am a converted hatchback lover forever! It's amazing what you can fit into them. Sadly, they don't make the Focus hatchbacks anymore. I loved the front pocket on the seat covers for the KonaSE

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastic is kind of cheap looking, but it was an inexpensive car. When I purchased it I had an option of automatic doors and windows OR air conditioning. Needless to say I chose AC. However, this was the first year of Focus and I'm sure it's not a problem anymore.

Great Car
By mike

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 Ford Focus se. It's been a great car. I am the first owner and for 10 years I have jest had a few very little problems. I have a small rattling in the engine but its because I need an engine mount. I hear so many bad things about the car but I love mine its my Porsche. I have 300,000 km and it's still running strong

Favorite Features

BIG TRUNK -- soft seats

Suggested Improvements

I wish it was not starting to rust.