Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Hated this car!
By tbone2123

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

This car was just totaled and that's the best thing that ever happened to us. We have spent so much money on it: engine, lock cylinder, window motors, etc, etc. There really is not much good that I can say about it. I looked it up on the Ford website and it was the second worst Ford ever made and the worst Focus ever made. It had over 100 recalls! Stay away from this car!

Long Lasting Car
By FocusOnWheels

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got the Focus in 2000. Other then it not having as bomb a sound system as the commercial made out it ran well and was a perfect tight handling city car. Great gas mileage. It wasn't until the care was 6 years old that it needed attention. (right after the warranty ended haha) I replaced the spark plugs, break pads and starter solenoid in the decade I've owned her. Not bad eh? I will say that at nearing 11 years old with 190,000. miles. on it. She's nearing retirement. But this was my first new car. It was a good experience, those to trash it on here might of got a lemon and had no sense to return theirs but overall, Ford Focus is a good line. For its time, 00 Focus was futuristic and fun.

Off the line, it's suspension and handling was perfect for pothole ridden big city streets. And it's gas mileage was great for highway trips out of town. Interior was sporty and comfortable, sound system adequate. Exterior was contemporary and cool. I'm saying was because 10 yrs in car it's a fossil.

I've seen the current 2010 Model my father purchased one. They are nice but may I suggest giving the interior a more sophisticated look. Think, Lexus IS or something snazzy. I'll like a car more if the interior feels like a million bucks. I'd be more inclined to buy too.

Terrific
By Clevelander

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

10 years and still going strong. Highly reliable. Love my car as much today as the day I bought it. Doesn't look or feel dated.

The sound system, comfy seat even on long trips, sporty, easy handling. Great comfort and visibility, especially for the shorter driver. More interior/cargo room than one might think.

Wish it was better in the snow.

Regular Car
By Regular Car

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have bought from my uncle three months ago. Since this I had repair the water pump, and big problems with the electrical system, I have replaced the coil, crankshaft, and other problems with the fuse box. Too many issues for a little time. Ah, otherwise the mechanics complain because the space in the engine is very small, then the repair cost could be more expensive. Apart of that the car have a excellent exterior design, is very comfortable, and have a good performance.

Exterior design, very comfortable, good drive experience

more soft transmission, best interior design,

Great little car!
By Chuck

2000 Ford Focus Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, this car has proved to be economical, fun to drive, and very reliable. Original tires lasted 55K and replacements were good for 78K. The rear brakes were replaced at 125K even though they had 15% wear left. Am getting 50,000+ on front pads. City mpg 25+ and hwy 32. There were many recalls but all were completed to my satisfaction. Stranded twice when ignition lock seized, replaced the alternator, motor mounts, and timing belt (although it was in great shape at 133,000 miles, the spring tensioner was shot). A leaking valve cover gasket ruined the thermostat housing, but was able to perform these repairs myself. An excellent buy that I hope to drive for another 10 years.

The handling and adequate power for highway driving.

Improved testing would eliminate many recalls.