2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2000 Focus SE Wagon
By Ron on 05/01/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I've had it almost 4 yrs & 28K miles. It's been a dependable vehicle, that's fun to drive & economical. It's only been scheduled maintenance costs & gas.

One of the best cars Ford made
By Jay on 02/26/09 14:25 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

We own Ford Focus for almost 8 years and I have to say we had the least problems with with cars from all other cars we owned in the past. I never had to take this car for any major repairs. This is a very simple and quite reliable car. I had more problems with VW Passat and Saab 9.5

First Ford
By Canada10 on 02/22/09 06:40 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Bought my first Ford. Read up on issues. They were true. Not impressed as Ford states quality. Cheap feeling car. Original owner replace fuel pump, front brakes and front struts. I replace ignition switch, which should never, ever fail. Fuel mileage not very impressive in city. Have rattle in exhaust system, suspect cataytlic converter.

So far so good
By hoos on 02/18/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as my first car. Normally I never buy American cars but I needed a car badly. I spent $1100 fix it and I still need to fix the electric and also need to replace the rotors. Aside from all that it's very comfy and I really hope it wouldn't leave me stranded. I should've gotten a Honda.

Great after the first year
By HS in FL on 02/05/09 18:02 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this car new in 2000. In the first year, we suffered through a few recalls and had the fuel pump replaced a couple of times. However, it seems everything has been fixed, because there have been no problems with the car since the warranty expired. It has only been in the shop for oil changes and other regular maintenance. Its not new anymore, but I can't justify getting a newer car when the old one is still reliable and gets very good gas mileage for an 8-year old.

Bad/Scary
By Iseolde on 01/23/09 09:26 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

The car was bought used and was only two years old at the time of purchase. After only 5 months of owning the car I discovered a major problem with loss of vehicle power during turning at a normal speed, which later became a recall on this vehicle. (Almost had several collisions due to this problem) The first time I called the Ford Co. about the problem they said their had been no similar reports. Also I had taken the car to the dealership 3 times for repair of this problem, which was finally solved when Ford sent me a recall notice. This was the first of several other recalls I had to have fixed. Every year something major has gone wrong, costing usually around 1K. Please spare yourself!

You'll get what you paid for
By Vince on 01/09/09 06:18 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car new, before we met. I would never have bought a Ford. We had to replace the tires, brakes and rotors and needed a four wheel alignment at 25,000, We replaced the fuel pump at 50,000 and the trunk leaked but warranty covered seal replacement. When I replaced the spark plugs, the wires were bad. Ford used cheap parts. I changed the oil (Syntec) every 3000 mi. The transmission is exotic for a Ford so I made sure to get it serviced every 30K mi. We now have 107,000 and this car is still running very strong. same power as when it had 15000. no major problems, just general wear after replacing cheap factory parts. Do the scheduled maintenance and car should last years.

A few problems here & there.
By KaitlynK383 on 12/21/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car from a used car dealership. It's been pretty good. I keep having trouble with it's engine though. Somehow the tps sensor, or something like that isn't reading anything from my engine. So my acceleration reallly really stinks right now. My horn also stopped working--not good, at all. I had a little problem a couple months ago with my abs--it ended up to be a loose wiring problem. Which has been happening a lot. Other than that, I love my Ford Focus. I think it is acting up just cause it has a lot of miles on it. It gets really good gas mileage. I drive it a lot. And I still only have to fill it up, on average every 1 and a half weeks.

You cant make lemonade out of this lemon
By Marie on 11/19/08 20:52 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Since the car hit 60,000 miles it's been in and out of the shop constantly. With no warning, the clutch dropped out while I was driving 65 mph down the highway. Repair bill: $600. One of the parts they replaced broke again within two months. That was covered by a warranty, but it was still a pain and a safety issue. Then the fuel system went out, leaving me stranded. Thankfully, covered by a recall, but still a pain and a safety issue. Then the key wouldn't go into the ignition, again leaving me stranded. Repair: $300. Headlight wiring melted: $50/light. Air bags dysfunctional. Now the electrical is screwed up and the car dies unexpectedly at varying speeds while I'm driving it. What's next?

My first car
By first last on 11/11/08 11:19 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

it is a very fun car. I drive it to college every day and love it but it needs some serous HP improvements. The 5 speed needs a 6th gear because 55 mph =2200 rpms but that means it can do a high top speed. I did 75 in 4th without trouble