2000 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (74 reviews )
Had Better
By Mavwreck1975 on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have had four Fords before this car and I can easily say this is the only one I'm not satisfied with. I bouth it used with 20k on it. At 25k, a bad vibration started coming from the rear wheels. Now at 34k, the headlights turn on and off randomly and the automatic transmission slips out of gear when the lights shut off. Oddly this problem has no effect on the engine. My two Crown Victorias and my Escort were much better cars.

Not for the long haul
By Nrmltowngrrrl on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car ever, and it will be my last Ford. Looks cute and is fun to drive, but quality is poor. Stuff keeps breaking: clutch master cylinder (at 20K), ignition switch (stranded at 40K; not fun), brakes (at 45K), cd player/radio cuts off for no reason (even after being sent for fixing), leaky radiator (66K), wiper speed is never right, makes weird crunching noise over speed bumps, brakes always squeaky! Plus, dealership service is not helpful. Takes forever to get recalls fixed, sometimes they don't even order the parts. I can't wait to get rid of this thing and would not recommend the Ford Focus to anyone.

Fun Stuff
By T_Williams on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Focus used in 2003 with only 25000 miles on it. It is fun to drive and gets pretty good fuel mileage for the way I drive it.

zx3
By Deejinator on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

It's a great car overall, handles well and gets great gas mileage. mine has a little over 80,000 miles on it and still runs like new

Best bang for your buck!
By DR69 on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Great car! Corners like it's on rails; handling is superb with peppy throttle & good response. Not a muscle car but very fun to drive! Highly recommended.

focus power
By bobby123 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

no problems, great small car, lots of power, handles like a sports car

Could do without the dealers
By cheeseshark on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have moved 3 times (all away from my purchasing dealer) since purchasing my ZX3. It has been through every recall and program (7 or 8 now, I think) and at each step I have had to bear the burden of ford dealers who treat each request for service as though it were MY faulty craftsmanship that created the service needs (1 exception, University Ford, Peoria, IL -great attitudes and service). But, I've moved again and I now take my vehicle to a local mechanic for EVERYTHING.

MY ZX3 BABY!
By pixiestixslova on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for almost 2 years now.It is my angel. It has definatly saved me from a lot of accidents. Its nice and roomy. My friends dont complain about haveing to sit on top of each other. So far, I havent needed any work done on my car.Its great and affordable.

Wouldn't Trade it for The World
By LoveMyFocus on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This car is great! I got it as a graduation gift and drive it every where. It is almost four years old and I am about to roll over to 100,000 miles! I intend to drive this car until it falls apart, and with the way it is going it will be a while before that happens! I cannot say enough about the great size and handling of this car. It is so fun to drive and I get compliments on it all the time. I definitely will stay in the focus family when I decide to get something new!

Good car for a good price
By dlm04 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I got this car with 165,000miles on it only because it was a really good deal. I have only put on about 4,000 since i got it but nothing has gone wrong yet. There is the burning smell that comes from the engine, like oil or something. Its a great car but its not to dependable in the snow, but since its light its easy to push out.