2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Everything in Focus
By Think Modern on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

This car is perhaps one of the best cars I have ever owned; smooth and quiet ride, fast acceleration, and great european styling make for an all around great car!

Surprisingly poor quality car
By focus on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought a 2000 Focus Wagon SE in January 2001. Since then we've only done about 14k in it but it has been to the dealership about a dozen times. Things break and fall off, and we've had nasty vibration from the wheels, most noticeably during braking, ever since they rotated the tires, despite re-rerotating and re-balancing somewhere else at my own cost. Now I just got another recall notice. Very disappointed, won't be buying a ford again. Only reason I haven't got rid of it is the resale value is way less than what I owe.

refined wagon
By jon on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I have been very impressed with the quality of this wagon. It drives and feels like a much more expensive vehicle. There have been a few recalls, but I have never had a problem with the car. A great samll car.

Fun Car
By Instidude on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Have enjoyed this car. Fun to drive, with a lot of room to haul 2 kids and their stuff. Would have liked slightly higher gas mileage. This car has been very reliable for me, and the only times it has been in the shop was for the minor recalls.

My experience...
By DMNTLL on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Lots of space in the wagon, and has some get-up-and-go for when you need it. A co-worker told me he has never seen anyone driving a Focus that isn't zipping along the highway. I explained, "We just enjoy driving!" I have a family of four and it has been a great car for us.

focus wagon
By apm on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

bought used ford focus wagon this yr. it's been a pleasure to drive, fast and enconomical. great stereo, sharp styling and nice layout inside. for their smallest car ford seems to be trying very hard. most of my driving is around town and gas economy is 22 mpg and better. seems solid - so far so good. P.S. UAW decal on back window is nice touch.

Enough is Enough
By Scammed on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

For the first time in my life I am never going to buy another Ford product. The dealership at one point had my car for 2 straight weeks. They even broke the windshield!! The most recent problem was the fuel pump was replaced. The rear bearings/moldings/seat latch/front stabalizer bushings twice...Now from researching the Internet it seems as if the brakes are an issue. After typing this I am going out to take the wheels off! I am told in secret by a dealership source that the Focus is a major problem. If there were limited problems with the car I would think that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Only I think its closer to burnt toast.

LEMON!
By Bill V on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

We have been really happy with our ford focus for the year and a half since we had it, and the the front brake went out. PADS & ROTORS! This car has ~30,000 miles on it, mostly highway driving. A quick check on the internet searching for the words "ford" "focus" "brakes" have revealed that front brake failure is COMMON on this vehicle. Many people have had to have their brakes and rotors replaced after only 8,000 miles! Ford is denying any responsiblity for the design, or that there is any problem. Well NO MORE FORDS FOR ME!!! After owning several fords over the years they have now lost me as a customer!

Lemon
By Jaspat2 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 23k on it and now have 34k. In the 6 months I've owned it it has been in the shop 3 times for the following problems:1)Water leak in firewall under dash caused carpet to mold. 2)Transmission leak. 3)Broken rear window defrost.4)Stereo display/preset button lights went out.5)Fuel gauge died..twice! This car has great curb appeal but lousy reliability. Buyer Beware!

Fix Or Repair Daily / Found On Road Dead
By First And Last Ford on 03/15/02 22:49 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased the 2000 Focus SE Wagon used Jan, 2002 with 4525 miles and had it 2 months. The car was in the shop more than I can enjoy it. Besides the recalls I had the headlamps replaced, Rear license plate bulb and gasket,Fuel gague didn't work: replaced the fuel pump and sending unit to get the gague to work, Power steering pump leaked, serptine belt made noise, transmission leaked, windshield washer fluid leaked out the top when driving around: (check Yours),the dealer replaced the reserviour and the cap. The dealer told me that it was overfilled. DUH! This will be my first and last Ford. Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, Driver Returns On Foot (Ford Reversed)