2000 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

ZTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Can't hear you over the brake squeal
By previous lemon owner on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I was called in for every possible recall except the most irritating one, brakes. At 20,000 the pads had to be replaced. At 41,000 the pads, calipers, and rotors went. The following day I bought a Honda Civic LS. I will not own a Ford again because they did not stand behind their product.

Focus ZTS - Beware!
By Maryland Driver on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This has to be the biggest piece of JUNK ever! After owning it for 2 years (and only 15,000 miles) I will NEVER own a Ford again! And Ford DOES NOT care if you are unhappy with their products! To numerous recalls to mention, they had to replace the auto transmission at 10,000 miles (and after numerous trips to the dealer!). This care is NOT SAFE, the car got T- Boned on the passenger side doors and the side-impact air bags (which I paid extra for) DO NOT DEPLOY! After complaining to Ford Corp, they basically call me a liar and refused to honor a prior agreement of fixing the problem! STAY AWAY FROM ANY FORD PRODUCT!

Not recommended
By nomoreford on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Wife loved the look and the comfort compared to other smaller sedans. Good sound system. However, it has been recalled 7 or 8 times now and we have found the gas mileage to be subpar. We had a problem with car vibration above 70 mph - turned out dealership put on an unbalanced tire during recall service. Had it replaced at local tire shop. Still is loud on highway.

A fun to drive hunk of GARBAGE?!?!
By David in Oregon on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

At 24 months and 12000 miles the transmission came apart inside, Ford kept it 3 weeks. Four months later, same thing, dealer kept it for 3 weeks. Interior trim has come loose, one seat belt would no longer latch, another seat belt could no longer be pulled out. Dealer repairs are iffy at best, replaced ALL the seatbelts with the WRONG COLOR (black belts, grey interior? BARF!) The recalls did not bother me, its a new design, but the multitude of other problems anger us both. With only 7 months left on the factory warantee, we are thinking of getting rid of this car.

Could be Better!!!
By DennisHuther on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle and i am in the process of trying to get Ford to buy it back from me. Too many Problems to list in even 700 words or less. I will never buy another Ford again..... I own 6 of them but i will never purchase another....

QUALITY STINKS
By LEMON HEAD on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I HAVE 50000 MILES ON THE CAR MOST OF IT HIGHWAY. I BABY THE CAR DO ALLTHE REQUIRE MAINTANCE. I HAVE HAD 7 RECALLS PLUS REAR WHEEL BEARINGS REPLACED TWICE.SENSORS GO BAD THAT COULD NOT START CAR. THE WISH BONE SUSPENSION AND MOTOR MOUNTS REPLACED. TEN DAYS AFTER THAT MY TRANSMISSION GOES OUT. GOING BACK TO FOREIGN CARS

No more Ford !
By yves on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is garbage. There is the list of problems during the past 30 months, (Ouf, I sold the car last week). 1. Rear wheels bearings,(3 times) 2. Master cylinder, (2 times) 3. Water inside the car, (2 times) 4. Fuel gauge. 5. Front disc replacement at 20 km 6. Rattles in console 7. 4 doors hinges replacement. 8. 6 recalls. 9. Rust on the rear trunk. 10. Rattles on the rear suspension. 11. Anti pollution system failure. 12. Water in the front lights. etc, etc ...

Not a very good car
By Kissy on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

About twenty recalls in a year. Horrendous repair record; battery cables, alternator, headlight seals, engine warning lights, tires, whels, radiator and I have forgotten some. Wrote President of Ford who basically said thjat since the car had not been to their dealership since September 2001 there obvously is nothing wrong with the car, Look at the recall list a shudder.

angry at ford
By jharvick on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

We have replaced the brakes 4 times. the engine has cut out on us 12 times, we were told we were "crazy" there is nothing wrong with the car. i have almost been in 4 accedents with my kids from the engine cutting out, and NOW there is a government investigation. I guess its cheaper to pay off the dead peoples families than to do the right thing and fix the cars... thank you FORD...

Great Car... Reasonable price!!!
By greatcar on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. I bought it in 2000 and I have had my Focus ZTS since than and have no plans on getting a new car anytime soon. It is a great car... and is fun to drive. This car is worth every penny of the 17000 I paid for it. It is reliable and can't be beat.