2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
great
By pasdgas on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

been a great car

First Car, Now Last Ford!!
By KatieR on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and what a deal I got.:( Consistent recalls, having to replace rotors every year which run me $300+, starter blew after only 6months old, cheap rubber lining around outside door frame kept falling off (3xs), makes a lot of noise, hard to sell back for descent price. I wanted to stay and buy American but I'm going foriegn next. All other car dealerships can thank the makers of the Ford Focus for the increase in business.

I sure like mine !
By dougjp on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I wanted to buy an economical car to do all the short trips to town in & to keep miles off my Grand Marquis. I never have been a big fan of any small car, but I was very impressed with the ride & handling of the Focus. My LX sedan was the hands down winner after I drove the Honda Civic, Dodge Neon & Toyota Corolla. My Focus is doing an excellent job doing what I 'hired' it to do. I recommend the Focus to anyone shopping for an economical car.

The Expensive Economy Car
By Jennifer L. on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

This car has a lot of interior space for a compact car, and leg and head room are a feat of engineering genius. I have no complaints about the simple, ergonomic and functional accessories. Fantastic handling and manouverability, a tough little exterior, and great fuel economy. Problem is $500 rotors that can't be turned and need replacing every 10k miles. The brakes never make a sound so you can't tell when the pads are worn. Why build an economy car with BMW rotors? Remember when Ford used MacPherson Struts on the 1980 Ford Fairmont? The logic of this escapes me. Also if you have a chance, look at the FordFocusBrakeProblems.com site.

Will Never buy Ford again!!!
By new ford hater on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I need a good,reliable car for my son,I went and talked to a friend of mine at a local Ford dealership,I knew her for years,now she won't answer my calls.First repair took them 4xs to find problem,fire hazard recall,3xs because they forgot,still have many problems that they can't seem to find.Now they have conveniently canceled my extended warranty.Do yourself and/or your families a favor, don't rely on this lemon!

What a rip-off
By Vada on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Broken speaker, squeaky brakes, smell coming throught the vent, stalling. What more can I say? LEMON. I do not feel safe driving my son around in this car. Everything else is fixed, but the dealer can't seem to find the reason for the stalling. Need to get rid of it and buy something else.

awesome
By erict on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car

focus
By hl on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

ford focus is a good reliable car. Only suggestions is that make leather interior and option & better pick up. I like to look of the car.