2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
LEMONVILLE
By UNFOCUSED on 03/14/02 00:40 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

NOTHING BUT RECALLS AND ON SOME PARTS, THE SAME RECALL THREE TIMES. DEALERSHIP LEASE MANAGER TOTALLY UNREASONABLE. THE VEHICLE WAS LOOKED AT BY TWO INDEPENDANT MECHANICS THAT SAID THE CAR WAS UNSAFE.AND! THAT IT WAS A LEMON. I PAID TO GET OUT OF A LEASED VEHICLE THAT WAS A MISTAKE FROM ITS FIRST DAY ON THE CONVEYOR.SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS LATER I LEARNED A HARD LESSON. :(

my new car
By celebrytie on 03/11/02 14:44 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I am very happy with my purchase, Ive only had this one for a couple of days but I did rent one for a week in Atlanta last year and loved it. It has plenty of room for the kids and dogs at a very affordable price, very comfortable. So far everything seems to be just fine in it, Im sure time will tell but I did purchase a hefty warranty as always......

good car
By cargiver on 03/05/02 00:19 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the Focus for my daughter and drove it 850 miles to deliver it to her. Although I usually drive very large cars, it was very comfortable for a small car. Like all new models there were several recalls, but the car has done very well in the past 2 years. It's had none of the problems that I've read about in the other reviews, except for a brake problem that was fixed under warranty. It's been a very good car.

Ford Focus ZX3
By rijlad on 03/04/02 21:26 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

You get a lot of bang for your buck out of this car. As fun (or more) to drive as some cars selling for twice this price. An incredible little car!

Fun Little Car
By Tinkerbell on 03/04/02 18:58 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Overall a fun little car. I've had very few problems with it so far. My best friend has had one for over a year and she loves it. She's had NO problems with it. I find it very comfortable. The only time it was slightly uncomforatable was when we squeezed five people into it. Four fits just fine. Fuel economy is not very good at all. I was a little disappointed by that.

It's A Good One
By paradoxdsf on 03/04/02 09:29 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I've had good luck with my 2000 Focus ZX3, aside from 4 or 5 recall notices. Recalls are annoying, but none of the problems actually occurred with my car. Other than recalls, I haven't had to take the car back to the dealership.

2000 Ford Focus ZTS
By Hanuman on 03/04/02 00:15 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Well, my Focus ZTS is a very good car performance wise; it has great power and acceleration. Also on the ZTS model, the seats and steering wheel are adjustable so I can customize to my liking. My complaints with it are several: 1. All those darn recalls. 2. The cheapo organic brake pads installed with the front disk brakes. 3. My transmission leaked a little 4. Squeaky OEM windshield wipers

Darn good car!!!
By focuslover on 03/03/02 01:55 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have not had any problems with this car. It looks sporty, and I have even had a guy ask me if it was a BWM! The car doesn't rattle and squeak when I go over bumps or anything. I have the Zetec engine and it is very quite!

Lemon
By hayyou on 03/02/02 23:41 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

my car is a lemon 28 Repairs Latest one was a broken front spring this one was very serious could have caused a death

Fun car with a great price
By nes1984 on 02/28/02 00:50 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Great car for the money, needs some more options like softer seats, more horsepower, bigger gas tank.