2000 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

SE 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )
Mixed feelings
By Bummed too on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new. In the 3 years (27,500 mls) I've had it, it's been more trouble than my 10 yr old Honda (+200,000 mls). Things that should work for a certain amount of time don't. The latest is the rear power window. The mechanism failed and now needs to be replace. This is just 3 weeks AFTER the wrnty expired. I've also had to bring it back for recalls - wipers and backseat latch. The stereo was replace too. On the other hand it is fun to drive. I love all the cargo room with the back seat down. It's easy to manuever, and it has some zip to it. It's cute and good back seat leg room. Won't buy another, but remember you get what you pay for.

focus wagon
By wagon on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I just wrecked it. I was rear ended by a person who was not watching the road. Impact was apprx 40mph difference. The passenger compartment held up great, and with no broken glass at all. The doors do open now but wont close well.

problems after problems
By mok123m on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

The thing i had fixed by ford: -Replace Outer CV and Axel ASSY. Transfer Inner Axel. -Replace power steeling pump and bleed air from system -Replace Cargo Cover -Bolt from top rack came off and replace -Replace fuel pump -Replace Right hand inner axle -Replace driver side head light assembly -Replace burn out license plate light -Replace stabilizator bar and lube bushing -Perform 4 wheel alighment -Replace pinch bolt -Replace block heater cord (charge me 22.77CAD for a damn cord) -Replace Right hand mirror

Great Multipurpose Vehicle
By Driver8 on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I have driven 60k miles in the past 3 years and have experienced no problems with my focus other than having the brake pads replaced at 50k miles. I have driven a great deal on every terrain imaginable from ice and snow to sand, mud, gravel and pavement in my quest for adventure, and the focus has been a real trooper. Actually, my last car was a Trooper, and had nothing over the focus except a penchant for gas and oil. The wagon bed is big enough for sleeping, too. My only complaint is that fuel economy is surprisingly low for such a small vehicle (avg. 26 mpg in the past 3 years, 50/50 hwy and city)

100,000 miles in 3 years
By Kurtdoubleday on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

A great car with a few problems, most recalls fixed things that I had replaced already. Fantastic summer & rain handling but buy top grade snow tires for winter. Fuel pump needed to be replaced because of a design flaw that Ford fixed in replacement. Still have original brakes with no troubles. Be careful slamming back tailgate, you may dent the door like I did. Avg. 28 MPG with highspeed (79 MPH) driving and hauling more stuff than I should.

junk
By dnns691 on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Worst front wheel drive car I've ever owned. Scary vehicle to drive in the winter.......white knuckles from November thru March!!

good and bad
By Ed Anderson on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased the car in 2000 april.I first was impressed by the inside room, me being a big guy. It was also quick and handled nicely. Even through the recalls and minor problems, I was very happy with this car, until I started having rotor and brake trouble. The first failure was at 18000 miles and again (now) at 26000 miles. I have to admit I have been looking for a little bigger auto, But not a ford.

You'll Be Sorry...
By Future Honda Owner on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

3 years and 5 (or is it 6) recalls later I can only say I wish I had gone with my first instinct and bought a Toyota or a Honda. I guess I just didn't believe that a "World Class Car" could really be so poorly executed by Ford Motor Company. My 36 month warranty ended in February of 2003 and I'm looking at new front brakes (under 12K miles), repair of an engine oil leak and window molding that is falling off. My neighbor laughs and says it is traditional Detroit engineering - good enough to last through the warranty but no more.

A Real Junker
By EICAS on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Just had the Focus in for it's 5th or 6th recall. As usual, the mechanics found a lot broken and were almost too embarrassed to talk to me. The brakes are shot...again and the tires are worn out again too. The front end shimmy Ford "fixed" is back too. The new problems are leaking transmission coolant lines and the passenger floor gets submerged under at least an inch of water when it rains. All Ford has ever done is blow me off so now it's my turn. Ford can kiss my butt goodbye forever! I'm trading this junker in for a Mazda.

Everything in Focus
By Think Modern on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

This car is perhaps one of the best cars I have ever owned; smooth and quiet ride, fast acceleration, and great european styling make for an all around great car!