Used 2000 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus Wagon

SE 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (44 reviews )

I guess I got a good one
By EE

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

165,000 miles and it's only now starting to have problems. I was a victim of the frozen ignition thing - if it's giving sticky warning signs, heed them! The timing belt isn't due until some ridiculous mileage, mine went at 155,000. If you are planning to keep the car long term, change it before Ford advises. No leaks of any kind, so far. I am a painter and have loved how much stuff I could cram in the back and still be able to park it in San Francisco, and the gas mileage is great. If you are looking at this used, try and find one where you can research the service history, I guess. I'm going to try and take this one to 200,000 miles.

Cargo space and mileage.

Seats just aren't that comfortable, and Ford should step up on the ignition cylinder problem.

Wonderful, Wonderful
By gsdallen

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

When looking for a small wagon I had certain criteria. I needed something that would fit my family of people and pets. The Focus is economical, stylish, and fun to drive. It truly is the vehicle for me and others who are looking for a small wagon...whose numbers are dwindling.

The size is great, it is economical and sturdy.

I would love it if the upholstery was leather or even simulated, just something that would simply wipe clean.

The Worst Car EVER sold
By Jaki

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 60,000 miles on it. I have got to admit now that I was down in the dumps when I bought that Ford nightmare. The next day as I was driving to work the Ford nightmare had a fuel pump problem, and then the timing belt literally exploded and then oil leak and then fuel leak and then the AC broke down and then the water pump broke down and then the back power windows broke down and the car stereo broke down -- I had to hit it hard with my fist for it to function several times and then the Ford nightmare is a noise box and then and then and then. How many times did I say "and then" - I have lost count. Mayday Mayday Mayday DO NOT EVER BUY a FORD EVER Please...

I'm a polite guy I really do not want to curse.

Send it to the dumpster. Do not listen to their innovation marketing trap.

leaking coolant
By 1432

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Leaking coolant after 33,000 miles; dealer replaced water pump twice. At 65,000 miles again leaking coolant; per dealer diagnosis thermostat housing froze and leaked. This ruined water pump. Dealer changed water pump, again twice. This suggested that quality of parts are bad. All total this car has had 5 water pumps for the first 65,000 miles. Car was taken to independent mechanic. After more tests to find cause of loosing coolant, it was determined that coolant was passing to cylinder and head repair has to be done. This problem is in addition to transmission electronic component failing, rear window not working, and the rough idling causing vibration.

Comfortable, large cargo capacity.

Improve quality; will be the only way Ford will gain market share.

Will Never Buy Ford Again!
By Helen

2000 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Sad, but the Focus really soured me on all Fords. What hasn't gone wrong on this car? Despite the recalls just since I've had it, the $2400 transmission put in at 70K, the extra $1000 it will take for MORE O2 sensors, fuel gauge sensor, etc. and the additional $1,000 I've put in since I've had it (if you add it all up, it's about what the trade in is worth), I've had it with this car. Once one thing goes, everything goes.

Exterior styling, roominess on the inside, and great gas mileage!

More reliability! You buy a cheap car because you don't have the money to keep shelling out on repairs. My Chevy Cavalier (voted worst by most owners) had one repair in 10 years. Quite a comparison!