2000 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 3

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

ZTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
never again
By geoboy on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

very poor reliability, poor mileage

Very Satisfied
By BillF on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This is a very fun to drive car, especially if you have the manual transmission. There is plenty of power and lots of interior room for an economy car. I do not have problems with my brakes or other things that I have read about. I have only had one recall on my car. I would recommend this car.

We Love Our Car
By S. Bennett on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

We bought our 4dr.FocusZTS brand new in Oct.2000. I'm 5'6", my husband is 6'8" (345lbs) and we both fit fine. The seats adjust in height.The steering wheel telescopes. In 3 short yrs. we've put 76,000+ miles on it. Our round trip commute to Houston, TX is 70 miles. We've had no problems. We had one accident but the Ford Dealership and Our insurance (Allstate)handled everything, giving a lifetime warranty on all work done. We paid 16,400 (absolute total), with all the extras, no trade-in and a 4.9%APR in 2,000. We love 2000 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS.

Just upgraded and happy as a lark!
By Roarmeister on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Great car with # of annoying problems and a history of engineering problems. 11 recalls, but only ONE had any impact. Problems -Paint chips -Trunk release -Rubber Trim pieces loose -Leaves got into air intake causing a burning leaves smell -Clutch return spring causing shifing problems -Plastic air dam panel came loose -Driver's door power actuator broken -Door panel broken -Inaccurate fuel gauge readings -Brakes started to make strange wear noises at around 24k, due to the type of material Ford used. Brakes could not always depress the pedal 100% but this had no affect the stopping action -Driver's headrest would not stay in place but would constantly "ride up"

Great Car...if you get top of the line
By richy on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Nice car. Handles better then my BMW & cost a lot less to maintain. I have the top of the line but I can see where the car would look cheap if you get anything less. Great Price

JP
By J.P.P on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Motor runs good but not even. The onboard computer makes the purformance go up and down.

A great car
By ford owner on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

i have driven mine 45,000 miles and replaced only the brakes. people who complain about recalls evidentally are idiots who didn't know what to expect when purchasing a car the first year it was made. the car is more dependable than i could have imagined.

An all around good car
By Shmoo on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I think that this car is very nice. It looks nice and does drive very nice. They sound system included is premium for the cars price, especially for a Ford. The only problem I have had is that it sometimes stalls(in an automatic!!) I have taken it to the dealership multiple times, but they find no problem. Overall, besides the recalls, it is fun to drive and an all around good car.

Major Mistake!!!
By Unhappy Customer on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

The CD player has been replaced twice and in fact is in the shop now. The air conditioning leaked into my car and caused it to mildew under the carpets. There was a strange smell coming from the air conditioner and for a while black soot like stuff came shooting out of the vents. For a while now it has not been accelerating properly. It feels like it's dragging. The brakes went bad at 35k and the fuel pump had to be replaced at 37k . After they replaced the fuel pump, I started having strange electrical problems. When I turn the air conditioning up or the lights on something else will turn off.

Don't do it!
By Jacksonee on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but trouble with the Focus and the various Ford dealerships I have encountered when getting repairs. From the tons of recalls to the car's susceptibility to be knocked out of alignment, this car is a pain. On the up side, it looks good and recently I was rear-ended and the bumper was not all smashed up. Other than that, this car is not worth the money, and I paid 15,000 for it. WELL over what it was ever worth!