Used 2000 Ford Focus ZTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Car
By JMahler1980

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I think the Focus is a great car for the money. Looking at some of the other reviews made me realize that people get, what they pay for. I have only had one problem with my Focus, and luckily my Brother is a Ford technican, and advised me the fuel pump was being recalled. In a little over a year I have about 50,000 miles on my Focus and am still loving it!!! Ford did a great Job!

Favorite Features

Sony stero system, 6 disc cd changer, leather seats and wheels!

Suggested Improvements

Make the back end a little lower! Can't see to back up!

Luv It
By rong33

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

It's a 5 speed manual. I think it is really fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Overall package

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a better system for unlocking the rear seat cushion.

What a Headache!
By tfroggin

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Repairs:#1 trunk latch replaced at 15,000mi, #2 rust on trunk 20,000mi, #3 breaks replaced at 28,000mi, #4 left rear door latch replaced 31,000mi, #5 front wheel bearings, sway bars, and tires(because of the wear) replaced 40,000mi, #6 pretty sure it was the rear wheel bearings this time(possibly the front again)about 43,000mi, #7 left rear door latch replaced 54,000mi, #8 and #9 towed twice to dearlership would not start, no cause found, #10 fuel pump replaced 58,000mi, #11 plastic wood grain molding on door broke off just recently. Keep in mind I took the car in for the $200 check up ever 15,000mi.

Favorite Features

The engine is great on this car when it gets fuel to it. The gas mileage it pretty decent at 28-30mi/gal mostly highway. The extended waranty!

Suggested Improvements

Other than the above mentioned, a larger gas tank (300mi before gas light comes on), reducing the amount of brake dust(I cannot keep the front wheels clean), and a little more power when running the air conditioning

Never Owned a Ford Before
By Pandora3d

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I am not one of those that get into the whole heated debate about Ford vs. Chevy, etc. Some have given me hell about owning a Ford, but I can't complain. (yet) Not that I'm expecting things to go wrong, just have my eyes open in case. I love my little Focus ZTS and I think it looks sleek, sharp and sexy. I enjoy the sound system (not so sure my fellow commuters do...) and the EASE of steering. I am a happy first-time FORD owner. Thank you!

Favorite Features

Sound system, telescopic steering wheel and overall comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Better console for drinks. I'm a chick and I like little cubby holes, compartments, etc. Oh, and an ashtray for those of us who still smoke!

Maybe not
By Average Joe1

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

I had a Focus that I just sold. Before 34,000 miles my fuel pump had rusted - car died on the off ramp of a major interstate. Numerous brake issues. I was told by one of the techs that "Focus' just have squeeky brakes." Rattling under the car that no one was ever able to isolate. Wheels were way out of aligment and did not find this out till the 24K maintaince.

Favorite Features

the keys, the horn, the headlights, the turn signal

Suggested Improvements

Make quality job #1