2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Wishful thinking
By Hello Toyota on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. Since then i have had numourous recalls on it. It has been very inconvenient constantly have the car in the shop. The ignition has locked on me on several occasions. THank you ford for extending the warrenty. No thank you for not extending the whole warrenty not just the powertrain. Klaben was very unprofessional in their help. It was fun to drive. Just very inconvenient.

needs help
By lips on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

needs alot of help. not very reliable. in the shop more than the road.

Beware of the Focus
By gosoxgofan on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Transmission went out at 37K, Igintion locked at 39K. Wish I would have gotten an extended warranty. BEWARE!!!

lx design
By crystajewel on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

i have put over 10,000 dollars in this car and it still doesn't run correctly i've had every recall on the car too so buyer beware

Give me a brake!
By rjkosack on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Have had no problems with Focus since new until 24K service where I find that my front brakes and rotors are history! I have noticed brake dust on the front wheel covers of all focuses (Foci?) this is a major problem and makes me realize that this is the last of the breed that I will purchase

focus lx
By senko5 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

i miss my car.i ask my self if it is may car or not.beside fuel pump and other recalls latest problem is any time i press my brakes hard its shot down.whoever sad that is good car i will gladly sell to them.

2000 FOCUS
By JACKWARE on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

MANY MANY RECALLS. SMALL ANNOYANCES SUCH AS WINDOW OFF TRACK, EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKET FAILURE, TRANS FAILURE AT 32,OOO MILES, TRIM PIECES FALL OFF. THEN TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, MY FORD DEALER OFFERS 4250.00 AS TRADE VALUE ON NEW MUSTANG. THAT IS 278.00 PER MONTH DEPRECIATION. GOING TO HONDA OR TOYOTA. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A NON U.S. BUILT CAR.

Get Focused Before You Buy
By mg on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

My 1st new car was a complete lemon. The dealership didnt help matters involving multiple engine problems even going as far as saying I just did not drive it enough.

The older she gets, the better she looks
By Workingguy on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I have around 117,000 on my 2000 LX. I have been getting lately about 31 around town and 38 on the highway for tanks averaging around 35. It doesn't use any oil and the front end is still solid as granite. I haven't had any problems with the car except for replacing the fuel pump and the alternator. The AM radio gets a bit of noise from the ignition system, which Ford never could fix. I will eventually put a filter in the link to see if that works. Otherwise, the Focus seems to have been a good investment. Based on the experience I have had so far, I expect the Focus to last well over 200,000 miles.

Focus-love it!
By Jade on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car, my first new(used) car!Only problem was left brake light out. Got it fixed right away,have seen 1 or 2 with same light out...makes me wonder. Other than that I love it. It zips around and picks up when I need it to.