Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Loved it
By travis25

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I just want to start by saying i love my Ford Focus. Ive had the car for about a week, bought it used. I only have replaced very minor things such as the sway bar links, needs tires. But really the car is great, fun and easy to drive. I have heard all the "ohh its Ford" comments but really its a great little car, and great gas mileage!

Handling, and fun to drive

Fun little car, I must say.
By darrylv

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I got the car about two years ago, from my aunt who is possibly the worst car owner on the planet. The car was broken down, barely running, dirty, everything was broken. I got my hands on it, and about 1300 dollars later, it was running good. The best part about this car is how fun it is to drive. I can take off faster than half of the cars my friends have. The car feels alive, you can feel it. I just wish it was a little bit better quality. The interior is nice, but cheap. You can tell. The outside is styled well, but it's also made with some cheap-looking parts. It also feels like it won't be running so good in a few years. Who knows, it might last me forever.

Fun to drive, fast, lively engine, styled well for a 2000, awesome speakers

cheap interior and exterior, mediocre build quality, back seat is cramped.

We parted ways on our 10 year anniversary :(
By katemcn

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I loved this car. I bought it slightly used in 2001 for 8K. Had it paid off in 3 years. I learned to drive standard on it. It took me to Humboldt County in California for college. Later, Sacramento. San Francisco. Nevada. Texas! Other than routine maintenance, expenses were incredibly minimal. Gas mileage was a dream. Just this year things started falling apart @130K mi. (Computer needs total re-calibration; dies at idle; other problems.) I did hope to get more mileage out of it, but I can't complain-- this car hardly cost me anything for an entire decade! It saw me through my entire 20's, and it's near the end of its life. I'll shed a tear in a couple of days when I scrap it for parts.

Great gas mileage! Comfortable seats. Nice stock stereo. Smooth ride. Ice-cold AC until the end. Generally quite reliable. Easy to change oil/filter at home. Parallel parks like a champ in big cities or crowded areas. Overall very low maintenance.

When the window is down and the car is moving, there's a pulsating sound that's a little off-putting. Recently, mechanics have told me the engine is not arranged in a logical or convenient way, and had trouble repairing it. I do wish it would have lasted another 50K mi. But I suppose it would have cost more in the first place if it were that reliable. Frankly, I'm surprised (and grateful) it lasted this long.

Very Reliable
By mazzaro67

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Well balanced, handling and solid feel without the road noise !!! Overall a great designed and attractive hatchback. Ford Focus ZX3 got daughter home in her 1st blizzard at nite. Drove me to work for 8 years x 70miles each day. 5 very long trips over 1000 miles. I even slept in the back for 2 nites. Now at 112k miles, everything still works fine. I did change the following once: Battery, Brakes, Tires, Thermostat housing, Belts, hoses, filters, front tie rod links, and plugs. Nothing on this car is hard to work on either.

Great cargo/sleep space, Great mileage (also hit 41MPG hw). Front seats are big solid and suprisingly comforatable on long trips. Radio sounds great too, even after 11 years.

Nothing big... The front tie rod links needs better quality. I had discovered one bent, and popped out of a cheap plastic connector bushing. The replacement $20 Moog tie rod links are much stronger quality than the stock. Took me 15 minutes to replace them easily. This made a good difference in the way the Focus tracks solidly on the highway.

Happy to hear: Totaled
By ktgritz

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I had this car given to me by my dad and he said it was a good car. Well it might have been a good car when he had it but it seemed that from the time I took hold of the keys everything fell apart. First 100 miles struts break $600. 300 miles power steering pump $300. 500 miles wheel bearing $500. 1000 miles Transmission slips estimated $2000. luckily someone hit me and totaled it (no one was hurt) it always started rough. for your own sake don't buy it. if you do and keep it driving for a year you will put more repairs into it than it's worth. i bought a Grand Prix GT with the money much happier with it. more power + less repairs = happier customer

gas mileage good stock stereo ok rear leg room for a small sedan trunk size outside looks fun to drive (when you can drive it)

REDO EVERYTHING please