2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Worst car ever!
By Screw Ford on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car believing the hype from both Consumer Reports and everywhere else. I have now owned my Focus for 2 years, and I have had it in the shop 12 times. Yup, 12 times. 6 recalls and 6 broken parts that were under warranty. I have never been more disappointed in any product in my entire life. Truly, Ford has continued along the tradition of the Pinto, where they calculate how much it will cost to replace broken stuff as being lower then how much it will cost to put in higher quality parts. It's a textbook cost-benefit analysis, and Ford wrote the textbook. Don't buy a Ford.

I'LL TAKE TWO
By Ken on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

I have bought 16 cars and this is by far the most car for the money. It has never been to the shop, handles great and looks good. A little more low end torque and it would be perfect. That didn't stop my wife and I from buying her one too.

Lemon Demon
By Olga Nehring on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car thinking what a good deal. But quickly that turned upside down. The cluch had a recall, after they fixed that (ha) I put It back in the shop three more times. Now I'm told the sound is normal. Don't think so. I've had it in two times for a clunking noise in the back left side, they fixed it once but the noise came right back, I guess in stuck with that noise to. The back light went out, the gas light stuck on, they are fixed but for how long I don't know. I didn't buy the extended warranty, OH NO! I've read the other reviews and I'm scared. Now there is a noise in the front when I go over bumps!

Well Deisigned, Poorly Built
By Focus ZTS Owner on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive, looks good, and has great interior room for a compact. Gas mileage is OK but not great (about 25 - 26 mpg on mixed hilly curvy roads and in-town driving). The quality of the workmanship leaves much to be desired. There have been numerous recalls. In addition, I've had a variety of things repaired under the warranty (door panel trim, headlights, gas gauge, squeaks, accelerator cable mounting, brakes, and loose trim).

Lemon
By Jaspat2 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 23k on it and now have 34k. In the 6 months I've owned it it has been in the shop 3 times for the following problems:1)Water leak in firewall under dash caused carpet to mold. 2)Transmission leak. 3)Broken rear window defrost.4)Stereo display/preset button lights went out.5)Fuel gauge died..twice! This car has great curb appeal but lousy reliability. Buyer Beware!

2000 Ford Focus - Sony Limited Edition
By sfieldi on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus Sony Limited 4dr Sedan

Fun car to drive. Excellent suspension and a smooth ride. I have had no problems with this car. Excellent gas mileage. I average 35-36 mpg highway and 29 mpg city.

Amazing Car at an Amazing Price
By Robert Aitchison on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

My Focus is getting close to 2 years old and is still as solid as the day I drove it off the lot. Performace is AMAZING, it's an incredibly fun to drive car. Reliability has exceeded expectations.

Focus -- GREAT!
By JAC on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

Very good driving dynamics. The brakes and steering are world class -- the benchmark for the rest of the competition!

It's been good to me
By blue_td on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Focus ZX3 for almost two years now, and have no complaints. While the numerous recalls have been a bit annoying, the car has not given me any problems. It's fun to drive, good on gas, very roomy (for a small car), and reliable.

Steer Clear! Lemon Alert!!!!
By Donewithford on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

Experience uncooperative dealers, and months in court litigating this 'Hecho in Mexico' Focus! Motor blew with 619 miles on it, 3 fuels pumps, trim falls off, door locks broken, and eight recalls! Quality is NOT job one anymore! Not reliable, and I don't trust this car anymore.