2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Unfocused - Another Defect
By ghg102 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

On April 4, 2002, I parked my Focus in the Hospital parking structure. When I returned after work to leave, my ignition key would only go in half way. Locksmith repleace ignition lock / key. When I went to Enterprise Car Rental Agency, I was told that this has been an on going problem with their Ford Focus rental car fleet. When the locksmith commented that this is a common problem with the Focus and he has done 100’s of them. When I contacted the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration I was told Ford has issued technical service bulletins regarding this problem.

I don't know what your problem is?
By rll on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I've put 58,000 miles on my zx-3 in a year and half. These miles are combined freeway, mountain, and L.A stop & go. this thing has been perfect. Nothing to do but change the oil, I'm still on my original set of brake pads. As a long time Benz owner(5), I bought this as a disposable car, I had no expectations of a E55 or similar. Ford has done their homework on this one, this thing is a blast to drive, especially on empty curvy roads. I'm probably going to give this to my teen-age daughter and get me the SVT. Even with the dealer's gouging, I'm thousands ahead of the small Benz coupe, and it will be alot more fun to drive.

angry at ford
By jharvick on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

We have replaced the brakes 4 times. the engine has cut out on us 12 times, we were told we were "crazy" there is nothing wrong with the car. i have almost been in 4 accedents with my kids from the engine cutting out, and NOW there is a government investigation. I guess its cheaper to pay off the dead peoples families than to do the right thing and fix the cars... thank you FORD...

A Good Car
By gxs on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about a year now and I have no complaints. I bought it with about 39000 miles with the zetec engine. The only problem I've had is a couple of brake cleanings and regular maintenace. (Oil changes, Tune up) The engine is quite once warmed up. Exterior is nothing to brag about, but there are some aftermarket parts than can be purchased to make it look better. Also interior seems a little cheap. And the Zetec engine is not gas friendly But I can't complain.

focus
By hl on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

ford focus is a good reliable car. Only suggestions is that make leather interior and option & better pick up. I like to look of the car.

LEMON!
By Bill V on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

We have been really happy with our ford focus for the year and a half since we had it, and the the front brake went out. PADS & ROTORS! This car has ~30,000 miles on it, mostly highway driving. A quick check on the internet searching for the words "ford" "focus" "brakes" have revealed that front brake failure is COMMON on this vehicle. Many people have had to have their brakes and rotors replaced after only 8,000 miles! Ford is denying any responsiblity for the design, or that there is any problem. Well NO MORE FORDS FOR ME!!! After owning several fords over the years they have now lost me as a customer!

Always in the Shop
By Redridinghood on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

The Focus is a piece of JUNK! Car has been into dealership 19 times 15 of then have been recalls or warranty purposes. Have had 9 recalls already! Car has 59,140km on it. Rear axle assembly has been done, both front stablizer links replaced, brake calipers froze, car shook at high speeds. Springs were not properly in control arms, caused clunk. Clutch spring done twice. Car stalls occasionally, still not fixed. Car RPM's fluctuate when stopped causing car to shake at stops. Two wheel covers replaced, wiper arms had to be tightened. Rear wheel bearings and seals replaced. The list goes on and on. Stay away from the focus it is nothing but hassles.

ford needs to only build trucks
By fordtrucksonly on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

piece of crap radio went out 7 times, fuel gauge 3 times, 2 transmissions, and a gas milage that is worse than my f 150 with a 5.4 v8 this car sucks in every way want a car buy from chevy want a truck buy a ford

Great Car... Reasonable price!!!
By greatcar on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. I bought it in 2000 and I have had my Focus ZTS since than and have no plans on getting a new car anytime soon. It is a great car... and is fun to drive. This car is worth every penny of the 17000 I paid for it. It is reliable and can't be beat.

Great Car... If parts would stop failing
By dt90007 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

The car is great... i love the way it looks drives and handles. The fold down rear seats provide oodles of storage space when you need it... However, i too have been to the ford dealership a little to often for my tastes. Everything has been covered by the warranty but i bought a new car so i wouldn't have to worry about the problems. However, i know my service guy really well now.