Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Just a few problems
By Orlando

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I owned this vehicle for just under four years and 85,000 miles. The recalls were annoying and I stopped getting them corrected, which actually led to one problem. The tires wear out quickly, as do the brakes. Ford did replace all the brakes free of charge after one year. I had the rear left wheel bearing break at about 70K miles. I think this was a recall issue. I had several problems with a bad battery cable causing the car not to start (or die in traffic). I think the car juiced batteries. I went through 3 in four years. Other than tires/brakes/wheel bearing, the only other problem was a broken air hose (about $125 repair).

Large trunk, you feel high in the vehicle so you can see the road and surroundings pretty well.

Arm rests should be standard. The one I got didn't have one. The batteries are "reversed polarity" which makes it tricky to find the correct size at places like Wal-Mart.

Very Satisfied
By Lindon D Greer

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

Can not believe the cargo space. We had a full size 1951 Plymouth Station Wagon that did not have anymore room than the Focus. We like everything about it so far except for the gas milage, it's nothing close to whats advertised after a complete tuneup,oil change & filter,and air filter it's still only in the lower 20's. Otherwise a fantastic auto for the money.

Passenger seat can adjust up or down, Srereo w/CD player, rear wiper w/ heated rear window and best of all the rear cargo space w/seat down.

Gas milage should at least come close to advertised.

MY ZX3 BABY!
By pixiestixslova

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for almost 2 years now.It is my angel. It has definatly saved me from a lot of accidents. Its nice and roomy. My friends dont complain about haveing to sit on top of each other. So far, I havent needed any work done on my car.Its great and affordable.

Luv It
By rong33

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

It's a 5 speed manual. I think it is really fun to drive.

Overall package

I'd like to see a better system for unlocking the rear seat cushion.

Wouldn't Trade it for The World
By LoveMyFocus

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This car is great! I got it as a graduation gift and drive it every where. It is almost four years old and I am about to roll over to 100,000 miles! I intend to drive this car until it falls apart, and with the way it is going it will be a while before that happens! I cannot say enough about the great size and handling of this car. It is so fun to drive and I get compliments on it all the time. I definitely will stay in the focus family when I decide to get something new!

I love the hatchback design. It is so easy to drive and handles well. I just love the look of this car.

The braking system that Ford chose is one that wears out frequently. That is the only thing I'd change about my baby!

• SUV