Used 2000 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

MY ZX3 BABY!
By pixiestixslova

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for almost 2 years now.It is my angel. It has definatly saved me from a lot of accidents. Its nice and roomy. My friends dont complain about haveing to sit on top of each other. So far, I havent needed any work done on my car.Its great and affordable.

Luv It
By rong33

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

It's a 5 speed manual. I think it is really fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Overall package

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a better system for unlocking the rear seat cushion.

Wouldn't Trade it for The World
By LoveMyFocus

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

This car is great! I got it as a graduation gift and drive it every where. It is almost four years old and I am about to roll over to 100,000 miles! I intend to drive this car until it falls apart, and with the way it is going it will be a while before that happens! I cannot say enough about the great size and handling of this car. It is so fun to drive and I get compliments on it all the time. I definitely will stay in the focus family when I decide to get something new!

Favorite Features

I love the hatchback design. It is so easy to drive and handles well. I just love the look of this car.

Suggested Improvements

The braking system that Ford chose is one that wears out frequently. That is the only thing I'd change about my baby!

ZTW
By HRW

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

After 36k mi, only two issue to report. I had a sensor go bad on the engine at 12k. Replaced under warranty. The original right rear tire wore unevenly. Otherwise, this car has been good to me. The wagon's cargo space has come in handy many times. The engine power is adequate, although more power would be nice. The advance trac is wonderful in the snow. So far. my ZTW has been a good car.

Favorite Features

Looks, cargo space, ride/handling, interior design/radio&ac controls.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power...solved with the 04 2.3l. A little better gas mileage. A cancel feature for the cruise control.

Solid Car
By bjman71

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I have had no problems with the car. Other than the recalls, which are fine as long as they fix the problem, the only negative is that the tires and brakes wear out far too quickly (30,000 miles). Car is enjoyable and has had no need for a mechanic other than routine maintenance.

Favorite Features

The Focus has a large interior which makes it comfortable for even large people like me (6'5").

Suggested Improvements

The interior materials are cheap, the brakes need to last longer, as do the factory tires.