2000 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
FOCUS ZX3 2000 KONA ED
By douguil on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I regret to have an automatic transmission on that car, it is much more fun and fast with a stick. Go with 16 wheels, it helps a lot the handling and maybe with 205/40/16 tires instead of 50's for a better stability when driving aggressively. I cannot wait that my Firestone Firehawk stock tires wear out, they are terrible.

What a rip-off
By Vada on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

Broken speaker, squeaky brakes, smell coming throught the vent, stalling. What more can I say? LEMON. I do not feel safe driving my son around in this car. Everything else is fixed, but the dealer can't seem to find the reason for the stalling. Need to get rid of it and buy something else.

awesome
By erict on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car

Lemon??
By Lizard on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I loved this car at first. THEN into the dealership it went. Again and again for repairs. First the break pads AND rotors had to be replaced at only 25k miles! All normal they said. Break dust on the wheels is horrible and now at 37k miles my breaks are squealing and grinding. Outside parts are loose, falling off. I have an oil leak. The ignition switch broke and had to be towed and was in the shop for a week. Seat belt in the back is jammed. Gas guage does not always work. Not to mention the recalls. In all defense, I was rear ended very hard and the bumper held up fantastically.

Extreamly Disappointed
By zedinteractive.com on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for all the great things that I read about it - it seems what I read vs. what is real are two different things. The Focus is the worst car I ever bought. From the trunk leaking (and soaking all that was in the truck) to the air conditioning that smells, I do not feel safe in this car. The endless recalls and now 6 investigations, Ford should be ashamed that this car was ever put on the road.

Fun car with a lot of problems!
By kayakgirl on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

I've had my Focus for 2 years now, only 18000 miles, and it handles great, it's spacious, and looks good BUT-besides 3 recalls, I've taken it in to have the power steering pump replaced there was also the plastic guard below the windshield wipers falling off, trim along the passenger side roof peeling, the vinyl cover on the emergency brake with several cracks in it, and I also have this horrible rattle on the rear passenger side that has been fixed several times but keeps coming back! Despite the fact these have all been fixed under warranty-what is going to happen in another 2 years?

Not a very good car
By Kissy on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan

About twenty recalls in a year. Horrendous repair record; battery cables, alternator, headlight seals, engine warning lights, tires, whels, radiator and I have forgotten some. Wrote President of Ford who basically said thjat since the car had not been to their dealership since September 2001 there obvously is nothing wrong with the car, Look at the recall list a shudder.

Enough is Enough
By Scammed on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon

For the first time in my life I am never going to buy another Ford product. The dealership at one point had my car for 2 straight weeks. They even broke the windshield!! The most recent problem was the fuel pump was replaced. The rear bearings/moldings/seat latch/front stabalizer bushings twice...Now from researching the Internet it seems as if the brakes are an issue. After typing this I am going out to take the wheels off! I am told in secret by a dealership source that the Focus is a major problem. If there were limited problems with the car I would think that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Only I think its closer to burnt toast.

Comparable to the Jetta
By Lucas on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Overall, this car rides smoothly.

You get what you pay for
By Philig on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan

Everybody seems to be knocking this vehicle pretty, the root of the story is that you get what you pay for. I paid 15,000 for my Focus SE and it has given me my money's worth so far. It has 62,000 miles on it, and has never needed additional maintenance other than the recall items that were replaced. I'm am not certain how long this car will last, but remember that it's Ford's entry level vehicle, and if you get 150,000 out of it, it's done it's job. Next time don't be cheap and open up the checkbook